• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

2019 NCAA Football Survival Pool...Week 1

jmtgsx

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 21, 2012
Tulsa, OK
Welcome to the 2019 NCAA Football Survival Pool!
Simplified, you pick a college football team. If that team wins first week, you advance to the next week. Lather, Rinse, Repeat. Last man standing wins Mucho Cash and prizes!!
Not really, there are no cash and prizes.
Rules as follows:
1) Pick one college FBS team per week. (Formerly known as Division 1)
2) The team you pick MUST BE UNDEFEATED AND PLAYING THIS WEEK.
3) Once you pick a team you MAY NOT PICK THEM AGAIN.
4) If your pick loses you're out. You only advance to the next week if your pick wins.
5) If you fail to pick in a given week, you're out.
6) Last player standing wins.
7) Picks must be posted in that week's thread.
8) If all the undefeated teams lose in a given week or no survivors can advance to the next week there is no tie breaker. If there is a tie, then I win.
9) Each succeeding week post your pick for that week as well as those of your previous picks.
Example:
Week 1: Penn State
Week 2: Clemson
Week 3: South Carolina
Week 4: Indiana
10) If you change a pick, don’t make a change in the original post just make a new post. I use the last post you make for your pick.
11) Be very clear with your pick. Follow the name format of ESPN Conference Standings
(i.e. OSU could be Ohio St., Oklahoma State, or Oregon State)
12) Schedule weeks are per ESPN. As moderator of the pool I will settle all disputes.
13) Keeping up with your picks is part of the game. If someone picks a team that has a loss or is not playing that week, don't feel it is your civic duty to point out the error of their ways.
14) Your selection must be recorded in thread before your game kicks off.
Week 1 starts Saturday, August 24, and runs through Monday, September 2rd. If you pick a team that plays twice in that time frame, you are picking their first game.
Good Luck and start picking!
Post your Week 1 picks in this thread.

What do you mean by the team must be undefeated? I ask because there will come a time when only two or three teams, at most, will be undefeated. Let's say it's week 8, and Clemson and Alabama are the only two undefeated teams left, that means I can pick one in wk 8, and one in wk 9, assuming they both remain undefeated, but that means I've exhausted all the undefeated teams, so game over?

Week 1: Texas AM

Last edited:
What do you mean by the team must be undefeated? I ask because there will come a time when only two or three teams, at most, will be undefeated. Let's say it's week 8, and Clemson and Alabama are the only two undefeated teams left, that means I can pick one in wk 8, and one in wk 9, assuming they both remain undefeated, but that means I've exhausted all the undefeated teams, so game over?

Week 1: Texas AM

It has historically gone to week 11 or 12, but your premise is correct. This is why it is wise to save your Alabama and Clemson type picks till later in the season. Also check the schedule each week to check for those sneaky bye weeks. Your undefeated selection must be playing in the week you pick it.

It has historically gone to week 11 or 12, but your premise is correct. This is why it is wise to save your Alabama and Clemson type picks till later in the season. Also check the schedule each week to check for those I sneaky bye weeks. Your undefeated selection must be playing in the week you pick it.

That's what I figured, which is why I checked the schedule and saw UCF vs FAMU and TxAM vs Tx St. Both UCF and TxAM have like a 99.99% chance of winning, but TxAM plays Clemson next week, so I'll use TxAM to get me through week 1 and save UCF for another week

cant believe you guys are wasting Alabama and Clemson this early. You understand they cant be used again? Bama plays Duke... they could beat them with the 3rd string.. Dont understand picking them first.... Unless you are just a Bammer and have to say Bama simply because it Bama.. Just like most of the Bama fans here hahahahahaa

cant believe you guys are wasting Alabama and Clemson this early. You understand they cant be used again? Bama plays Duke... they could beat them with the 3rd string.. Dont understand picking them first.... Unless you are just a Bammer and have to say Bama simply because it Bama.. Just like most of the Bama fans here hahahahahaa
I changed mine to oregon

Reactions: Jethro3898