• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses 2019 Precision Rifle Expo

Any updates on this? Might attend if the weather is looking clear this year. Wish they would have about a dozen more suppressor manufactures on hand.

I signed up a few days ago, last year was a great success and I can’t wait to attend again this year !

Reactions: RS14
I saw this on the Arena calendar-- I was looking for open range day but can anyone who's been to this event tell me what it's about? I'm new to long range but went to Arena's last open range day and had the time of my life. This event looks like you can't run your own equipment, does anybody know what the event is like?

I saw this on the Arena calendar-- I was looking for open range day but can anyone who's been to this event tell me what it's about? I'm new to long range but went to Arena's last open range day and had the time of my life. This event looks like you can't run your own equipment, does anybody know what the event is like?

I went last year, and enjoyed it a lot. After paying the $25 (last year amount) registration fee I got an email for signing up for classes, I think it was 2 classes per day, each maybe 1-2 hours, each which were all very interesting. Even got a class with the HMFIC from this place which was awesome. Couldn't use your own gear but had plenty of opportunity to shoot theirs. Fair amount of vendors as well, all under tents. Food and drink vendors as well.

I went in with no expectations (it was $25 after all) and was blown away. I'd honestly pay a lot more just to be around and exposed to products I may not get to see in person that often. I enjoyed the instruction very much - all relevant and on-point, and all delivered by pros who knew what they were talking about.

Last I saw the info on the website for this year is the same as last year - I'd expect that would change as they finalize, but even if it's exactly the same as last year it would be worth it to me to go back.

Thanks for the information! Sounds like it's totally worth it, I'll have to make sure I'm free that weekend so I can try to make it.

I went last year, and enjoyed it a lot. After paying the $25 (last year amount) registration fee I got an email for signing up for classes, I think it was 2 classes per day, each maybe 1-2 hours, each which were all very interesting. Even got a class with the HMFIC from this place which was awesome. Couldn't use your own gear but had plenty of opportunity to shoot theirs. Fair amount of vendors as well, all under tents. Food and drink vendors as well.

I went in with no expectations (it was $25 after all) and was blown away. I'd honestly pay a lot more just to be around and exposed to products I may not get to see in person that often. I enjoyed the instruction very much - all relevant and on-point, and all delivered by pros who knew what they were talking about.

Last I saw the info on the website for this year is the same as last year - I'd expect that would change as they finalize, but even if it's exactly the same as last year it would be worth it to me to go back.

I took a quick look at the site a couple of weeks ago and I believe they stated on there that this year they wouldn't be doing the class registrations. This year you just go to the ones when you get there. First come first serve I guess.

I took a quick look at the site a couple of weeks ago and I believe they stated on there that this year they wouldn't be doing the class registrations. This year you just go to the ones when you get there. First come first serve I guess.

Capacity wasn't exactly an issue for the classes I went to last year. Plenty of people showed up for the wind seminar and reloading, but there wasn't any reason they couldn't have handled double the number of people without issues.

Correct, there is no registration required for the seminars/classes. Even with a large attendance, it shouldn't be a problem for attendees to get in on them.

Precision Rifle Expo Course Announcement: Wind Reading

Perhaps the single greatest adversary to any precision rifle shooter, reading wind and understanding the winds influence on a bullet’s trajectory remains one of the single greatest challenges to any long-range shooter. So, we’re bring back one of the best wind coaches in the world to help you understand wind, Emil Praslick with Berger Bullets, Lapua, & Vihtavuori Powders. Emil is well known in the long-range precision rifle game. A former head coach of the U.S. Army Marksmanship Unit (AMU), wind coach for the Applied Ballistics Extreme Long Range Shooting Team, head coach for two U.S. National Long Range Rifle Teams, and with over 30+ years of experience and accolades, Emil will be returning again to the Precision Rifle Expo this year. He’ll be giving multiple courses, both Saturday and Sunday, on “Wind Reading,” and helping you to better understand and implement strategies for dealing with wind. Attendees will learn and discuss several key topics for the course, that include:

• Understanding the mechanisms of wind drift and its influence on the bullet trajectory
  • Techniques for recognition and determination of wind speed and direction
  • What is the wind worth? Arriving at the cold bore wind hold?
  • Strategies of wind management and target engagement

Vortex Optics has also stepped up, and graciously offered to bring plenty of glass for students to look through during the course, giving you the full visual experience.

I got to sit in on Emil's class last year, but missed part of it. I won't be missing it this year, that's for damn sure.

Posted Yesterday...

Precision Rifle Expo Course Announcement - Fundamentals of Marksmanship

Rifles Only, a premier training facility outside of Kingsville, Texas, provides superior training and instruction to an array of shooters, from long range precision rifle competitors to military and law enforcement agencies honing their abilities in rifle and combat carbine and handgun marksmanship. Natural point of aim, sight picture, breathing, trigger control, and follow through are not just words at Rifles Only, but an ideology that every new student and/or seasoned veteran will leave with a comprehensive and better understanding of these fundamentals of marksmanship. Fundamentals are an integral part of every course at Rifles Only from day one, and at the helm of Rifles Only and "Fundamentalism," is Jacob Bynum.

Jacob over the course of 20+ years has educated and instructed precision rifle shooters and other instructors, at all levels of shooting experience, in everything from fundamentals to intermediate and advanced shooting techniques. He also has hosted and continues to host precision rifle shooting competitions, with competitors from around the globe attending and experiencing what has become known as some of the most challenging courses of fire for competitive shooters. It is for these reasons that the Precision Rifle Expo is pleased to announce Jacob as this year's instructor for our Fundamentals of Marksmanship class. Jacobs abilities to instruct at any level, and his understanding of precision rifle shooting and fundamentals being unparalleled, make him the perfect choice for educating and giving our attendees a powerful experience and insight to precision rifle shooting.

Jacob Bynum - Rifles Only.jpg

Last edited:
Is there gear available for purchase there? If so, are actions included or only non background check items?

Is there gear available for purchase there? If so, are actions included or only non background check items?

Yes, gear is definitely available for sale, and many manufacturers are running special discounts. As for our actions, no, you can order and we can process, but it will still need to be shipped to an FFL to undergo the background check for your area. We can't speak for others though.

????????? ????? ?????? ???????????? – ????? ?? ???

Gaining increasing popularity, Extreme Long Range (ELR) precision rifle shooting and the science and innovation of precision rifles and rifle accessories to facilitate engaging and impacting targets at greater and greater distances, along with the nuances of this emerging and growing sport, continue to present questions for many precision rifle shooters looking to participate and test the most outer extreme limits of ballistics and long range shooting. Wanting to match our Precision Rifle Expo courses, with the top level of innovation and advanced manufacturers exhibiting, we are pleased to announce a new course to this year's Expo, and a new instructor... Intro to ELR, presented by Applied Ballistics LLC ELR Team shooter and Instructor, Chase Stroud. Chase has an extensive history in competitive rifle shooting from the PRS to ELR, winning almost a dozen precision rifle matches, and placing in the Top 5 in nearly two dozen more across the country. As one of the top instructors in ELR, and a 100% success rate at getting his students on 2 mile targets, Chase was the perfect choice for us to instruct attendees on ELR. Topics that Chase will cover within the Intro to ELR courses include...

• ??? ???? ?????????, ???? ???????? ?? ??????? ?? ?????? ??? ?????????? ?? ???????.
  • ????????????? ??? ?????????? ?? ???????????? ??? ????????????? ?????? ??? ?????.
  • ????????? ????? ??? ????????????? ???? ????????? ?????? (?????? ??? ?????????), ??????? ??????? ?? ??? ????? ???????.
  • ????????????? ???? ?? ?? ??? ???????????, ?????????? ?? ?????????, ??? ??????? ??? ??? ???????'? ????????? ?? ??? ????????.
  • ??? ? ???? ??????? ??? ????????????? ???? ???? ??????? ?? ?????, ??? ??? ?? ??????? ???? ?????????????.
  • ???? ?? ???????????? ??? ??? ?????? ???????, ?????? ?????? ?? ??????? ???? ?????????.

Following the courses, Chase and other members from the Applied Ballistics Training Division will be available to assist in answering further ELR and ballistic questions, along with other numerous exhibitors who also participate in ELR events around the world.

Reactions: ccknight
Precision Rifle Expo Course Announcement - Precision Handloading

Troy Lawton.jpg

Understanding reloading, perhaps one of the single most complicated discussions and debates outside of ballistics, often proves challenging for even veteran precision rifle shooters who constantly try to absorb new information and developments in reloading components and equipment. To help you understand reloading, we asked the man behind the ballistics lab for over 30+ years at Fort Benning, and the Director of Ballistics for the Army Marksmanship Unit (AMU), to come back again this year and provide courses for our attendees... Troy Lawton. Troy hand loads and tests precision rifle ammunition and firearms every day, and his experience from shooting competitively with the US Shooting Team to multiple NRA High Power categories including Match and Service Rifle, make his knowledge on the subject both immense and extremely valuable to precision rifle shooters looking to either learn how to reload or to just maximize and better their current reloading methods. Troy's courses will include but not be limited to:
  • Choosing the right components, bullet selection, and understanding twist rate​
  • Brass preparation including annealing, sizing, priming, etc.​
  • Understanding your comparators, gauges, and properly measuring.​
  • How to do load development, and understanding factors such as muzzle velocity, standard deviation, extreme spread, etc.​
  • Finding and understanding accuracy nodes for your precision rifle.​
Annealing Made Perfect will also have an AMP Mark II on hand during the course, and be available in their booth before and after to answer any questions attendees have on induction annealing, and the benefits of induction annealing over other annealing methods.

Precision Rifle Expo Course Announcement – Kestrel® Ballistics Operation

NAS_6613small.jpg

Kestrel Ballistics weather meters, the weather meter chosen and trusted by precision rifle shooters around the world for their extreme ruggedness and dependable performance, would like to help you better understand and maximize your Kestrel's performance. During the Precision Rifle Expo, Kestrel Ballistics will give attendees an opportunity during two separate courses each day, to learn and operate either the Kestrel 5700 Elite with Applied Ballistics®, or the Kestrel 5700 with the new Hornady 4DOF®, with demo units being supplied for participants to use during the course.

Katie Godfrey from Kestrel will discuss, demonstrate, and assist course attendees with...
  • Setting up your precision rifle in the Kestrel 5700 Elite with Applied Ballistics
  • Properly and precisely truing your unit, and why it's important
  • How to use the range card and target card features in the Kestrel 5700 for precision rifle competition stages, or simply setting up in the field and waiting for game
  • Using the Kestrel to get exact holds on moving targets, particularly when engaging movers during long range competition rifle matches
  • Attendee questions and various other topics that arise during the course of instruction.
Austin Wilcox from Kestrel will cover Kestrel's latest offering, the Hornady 4DOF, which will include...
  • Setting up your precision rifle in the Kestrel 5700 with Hornady 4DOF
  • Explaining axial form factor and zero angle.
  • And various other topics and design questions about 4DOF.
Both Kestrel and Applied Ballistics will also be on hand at their exhibitor booths, to assist in answering any questions that you may have before and after the course regarding their products.

Precision Rifle Expo Course Announcement – Precision Rifle Maintenance

boretech.jpg

Come join Bore Tech for The Precision Rifle Maintenance Seminar as we take an in depth look at the recommended procedures to properly clean and maintain today’s precision long range rifles.

This class will be a hands-on, live demonstration providing proper cleaning and maintenance techniques while discussing current topics such as barrel break-in, cleaning frequency and proper gear selection. During our time we will dispell the many “myths” of gun cleaning and try to shed light on what it truly takes to keep your precision rifle accurate and performing at its peak.

Care and maintenance of the following areas to be discussed:
  • Actions
  • Barrels
  • Chambers
  • Muzzle Breaks
  • Barrel Throats
  • Suppressors

Attachments

• Rifle Maintenance Seminar Summary.pdf
    118.6 KB · Views: 125
There are 2 different dates on the arena web page, 27 - 29 and 28 - 29. So does it go from Friday to Sunday or from Saturday to Sunday?

Thank you, Tor

Was able to change my hotel reservation from 3 nights to 2 nights only, thank you Sir.

Looking forward to the event. 6 hour drive from Florida, not to bad.

If anybody from the Tampa area wants to join, let me know.
Planing on leaving Friday morning.

In case some can't read the screenshot above...

Precision Rifle Expo - American Sniper Asscociation - Victrix - Tikka.jpg

"Todd Vanlangen with the Beretta Holdings Group (Victrix Armaments, Sako, & Tikka), is bringing "?? ??????," his Victrix Tormentum MilLe in .375 CheyTac, to the
Precision Rifle Expo. The target - 2300 yards. $30 buys you 3 rounds, and 3 opportunities to hit the target. The person with the most hits, in the least time, will win a brand spankin new Tikka T3x TAC A1. ALL THE PROCEEDS BENEFIT the Army Sniper Association."

Reactions: Defiance Machine
For those that attended last year - please share if you found it productive to attend both days. Are the classes / seminars different each day? were you able to visit the vendors and glean information on the things you wanted in one day?

TIA
Regards

Last edited:
For those that attended last year - please share if you found it productive to attend both days. Are the classes / seminars different each day? were you able to visit the vendors and glean information on the things you wanted in one day?

TIA
Regards
I’m here now I will try and send some updates tomorrow

Definitely enough for two days. I did a class and looked at gear, rifles, optics and shot some really cool stuff. Going to mainly do classes Sunday

Definitely enough for two days. I did a class and looked at gear, rifles, optics and shot some really cool stuff. Going to mainly do classes Sunday

Thank you! I did attend today and got to shoot some awesome rifles and check out the optics at the range. Also got to attend the classes I wanted.

Has a wider thumb rest and different grip sizes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190928-211422_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20190928-211422_Instagram.jpg
    362.8 KB · Views: 101
Overall great experience. The heat kinda snuck up on me as I was trying to focus on classes and gear. Not sure if I'll go tomorrow.

One awesome note I took is using glass to watch mirage and following its direction until you see the mirage boil or go straight up. The direction of your glass is the wind direction. Or you can use a kestrel and capture a few things, I kinda missed what he said.

Still wondering whether I should get a kestrel...

Attachments

• 20190928_131340.jpg
    20190928_131340.jpg
    361.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 20190928_151301.jpg
    20190928_151301.jpg
    508 KB · Views: 90
  • 20190928_150639.jpg
    20190928_150639.jpg
    605.5 KB · Views: 86
  • 20190928_123705.jpg
    20190928_123705.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 91
  • 20190928_101209.jpg
    20190928_101209.jpg
    329.2 KB · Views: 90
  • 20190928_090354.jpg
    20190928_090354.jpg
    379.6 KB · Views: 91
  • 20190928_150932.jpg
    20190928_150932.jpg
    386.5 KB · Views: 98
Has a wider thumb rest and different grip sizes.
It was laid out like a regular stock it looked pretty cool. The had one to shoot but didn’t get s chance yet. I liked the McMillan A6 . Also the new Daniel Defense AR10 in 6.5 was really nice and stupid accurate even with the Mil-Spec trigger. The Badrovk rifles were also accurate

The precision rifle expo is awesome don’t get me wrong but this years didn’t seem to be as big as last years. A lot of vendors there last year didn’t show up this year for some reason. GA Precision wasn’t there or I missed them. Didn’t see accurate ordinance either which is a ga company. (Yes I realize GA precision is not in Ga?) I don’t guess I saw the Defiance Machine booth either. Maybe I misunderstood but I thought I read they would be there. Edit...I just read they were part of the badrock rifles booth. All the shooting range experiences looked to be as good or better which is cool. I don’t shoot much unless something I’m considering buying, I like to stay back and let the people new to precision shooting experience it. And I realize it’s an expo and that the main purpose is for vendors to showcase the things they sell for information but there was very little merchandise for sell. A lot of people I talked to planned to be able to buy more items and that wasn’t much of an option. I will say I bought some things from Swannys booth and that’s the first I’ve heard of them. Helluva nice guy and dont mind answering questions spending the time it takes for solid customer service. Thumbs up to them. I’d like to see the expo continue and maybe it’s just me but it looked to be less vendors and less people overall coming to the expo. Just my 2 cents worth. Maybe others will post there experiences.

Mpa goodness

Attachments

• 20190929_084928.jpg
    20190929_084928.jpg
    437.7 KB · Views: 103
The masterpiece cz457 is a badass 22lr. It would constantly hit a 4” gong at 200 yards yesterday and did it with ease. I have got to get one of them. I do love the masterpiece rifles and chassis. Good stuff

In case some can't read the screenshot above...

View attachment 7152443

"Todd Vanlangen with the Beretta Holdings Group (Victrix Armaments, Sako, & Tikka), is bringing "?? ??????," his Victrix Tormentum MilLe in .375 CheyTac, to the
Precision Rifle Expo. The target - 2300 yards. $30 buys you 3 rounds, and 3 opportunities to hit the target. The person with the most hits, in the least time, will win a brand spankin new Tikka T3x TAC A1. ALL THE PROCEEDS BENEFIT the Army Sniper Association."

I paid my $30, waited my turn and missed all 3 shots due to my poor wind call at 2,000 yards plus some..
Fantastic rifle, the .375 Cheytac is a blast to shoot - literally.
I paid my money and I took my chances..
I did shoot both of the Tac A1’s chambered in 6.5 CM on the far benches inside the CONEX Container and was scoring consistently at 500 yards with no coach and self spotting. The guys running that part of the show basically pointed at the Ammo and the mags and said “knock your self out”.

I did redeem myself somewhat by scoring hits at 1200 yards ( a new personal best, btw ) with a 6.5 CM a few minutes later.
I’ll post up more, later, it’s been a long day..

Reactions: Ordnance Locker
I thought about trying it but didn't want to wait in line. Also hit a personal best of 1200 yards with a 300PRC. Also really impressed with the Daniel Defense V5 6.5 creedmore. Even with the milspec trigger at 280 yard I got 4 headshots in a row it was almost to easy.

I went to shoot the 375 but the firing pin had broke while they were trying to sight it in. Not sure when they got it back together. The Stiller guys had a 375 out shooting it. Impressive damn caliber for sure.