• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 2019 Smoke pole 210" Mule deer

CShooter92

Private
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
This past Saturday I finally filled my mule deer tag with my muzzleloader. I passed him up last year with archery hoping he would grow a lot bigger this year but a poor growing year and him actually being 7 years old, not 4 like we thought brought him into the crosshairs this fall.

Last time I saw him was October 23, 2018. I looked for his sheds and had no luck so I figured someone might have gotten him. I scouted for him 5 days a week starting in July 2019 and never found him until October 2nd. I missed him at 180 yards with my muzzleloader that evening. The next day he was in a crop at 150 yards and all I could see was his head so I had to pass up a shot. Saturday evening it all came together at 150 yards quartering away. One shot, he made it 300 yards and expired.

Last edited:
Bullet, mfg, weight, and powder style and charge also please

Wow! Awesome buck! What type of muzzleloader did you use?
Just using a TC Impact I bought last winter for a couple hundred bucks. I don't shoot muzzleloader often so no sense in spending a fortune on an expensive one.

Bullet, mfg, weight, and powder style and charge also please
Hornady 250gr SST on top of 2 - 50gr Pyrodex pellets. I tried 3 pellets and it was very inconsistent and recoil was extreme.

Reactions: TACC