• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper’s Hide Cup 2019 Sniper's Hide Cup - Individual & Team Event

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Registration is OPEN !

Visit the In Motion Targets Website

2019 Sniper’s Hide Cup

When: June 22ndand 23rd2019

Where: Colville Washington

Hosted by Carl Taylor and In Motion Targets

What Kind of Match: Field Course, this is a Team as well as Individual Event. We will be running both sets across the same course of fire. For those not familiar with the format it will follow the Karsetter Event Model shot in the Washington State Area.

How Much: $200 Per Shooter

Round Count: 200 rifle with 100 Pistol

4a25-277d-2d0d-67f4.jpg

Match Particulars

This match is being hosted on private property and everyone is EXPECTEDto police after him or herself, respect the property, and act responsibly.

This match will provide a wide variety of stages with a varying degree of difficulty. Shooters are STRONGLY encouraged to bring analog forms of data to include a mechanical compass and be prepared for all weather conditions. Expect to see stages such as: UKD, positional, high angle, movers, and so on. All shooters will be required to pack the gear they intend to use for the day. After the safety briefing and opening stage, shooters will not be allowed to return for additional equipment.

Match Location / Date.

The match is scheduled for June 22ndand 23rd 2019. Colville, WA will be the hosting city but specific locations for the match will be given to the attending shooters once they have registered and are confirmed. This is done to eliminate any on-lookers that may cause unnecessary distractions. Directions will be sent to each competitors email address once registrations have been received.

Match Fee’s.

The Match fees will be $200.00 USD per shooter. Included in this price is a post-match barbeque and T-shirt.

Match registration & Sign In.

To register please go to the In Motion Target web site and find the match in our store. www.inmotiontargets.com Sign in will be conducted prior to the match on Friday evening @ 6pm in the lobby of Bennys Hotel. No refunds will be given. Failure to sign in will result in a forfeiture of your entry fee.

Match safety brief.

Safety brief will begin promptly at 0800 the day of the match. Pre-registration and safety brief attendance is required to participate in the match.

Accommodations.

Camp sites available. Camp sites are dry i.e. no hook ups for septic, water or power. Pay per camp sight is available on our online store at www.inmotiontargets.com

Hotels / Motels.- The match will be held near Colville, WA. Hotel spaces are limited. Colville, is approximately 20 minutes from the match site.

Caliber & Other Restrictions.

This match will be limited to Short Action Calibers

Time Limits.

Each shooting station will have its own time limit. Once the RSO has given the command to begin, your time has started for that station. Each shooting station will have their own set of rules and regulations in addition to times. Pay close attention to the RSO’s for specific directions.

In the event that the RSO has any distractions or reason to call a cease fire, time will be paused to ensure that the team at that station is allotted the proper time for firing.

775e-3ae3-1a25-684b.jpg

Squad Movement.

All shooters / teams will be organized into squads / teams prior to the match beginning. The RSO will instruct the teams where their next shooting station is and when they are cleared to move to that station. This will be done in order to keep track of all teams to ensure the safety of all involved in the match. Team shooters are required to move to the next stage once a stage has been completed. We ask for this as a courtesy to everyone in order to be efficient with time management conducting the match. This will also help eliminate the possibilities of backlogged stages. Move in order of stages! Do not “play through” to benefit your own interests. If you are caught doing so you will be disqualified from the stage you have shot out of order.

Scoring.

Shooters must attempt to hit each target with a minimum of 2 rounds. 4 rounds per target total will be allowed to accomplish this mission.

3 points will be given for 1stround and the follow on hit.

2 points will be given for 2ndround hits.

1 point will be given for 3rdround hits

1 point will be given for 4thround hits

Scoring in the event of a tie.

A shoot-off will ensue at the discretion of the match director

Reactions: Vamike9
    All registered, looking forward to it. Always a great match .
    IMG_3650.JPG

Last edited:
    Caliber & Other Restrictions.

This match will be limited to Short Action Calibers

Just for clarification, Is a short action cartridge in a long action rifle ok?

Wish it wasn't in the opposite corner of the country. Ive always wanted to shoot the hide cup.

All registered. Should be a large contingent of us Canucks attending this year. ;)

Is it a problem if we don't shoot the pistol stages?? Bring our pistols across the border is a royal PITA ..........
    Maybe some of us yanks can bring extras. I’ll make sure mine is zeroed perfect for you eh

All registered. Should be a large contingent of us Canucks attending this year. ;)

Is it a problem if we don't shoot the pistol stages?? Bring our pistols across the border is a royal PITA ..........

Your RPAL covers you to the border and you just put the pistol on the Form6NIA. Nothing else required.

Reactions: Skullboy
    Anyone got a ballpark time of how late things will go Sunday? Team mate has to be back at work Monday morning. Trying to figure if I should arrange separate transportation to the airport Sunday night.

Reactions: littlehendrick
    Anyone got a ballpark time of how late things will go Sunday? Team mate has to be back at work Monday morning. Trying to figure if I should arrange separate transportation to the airport Sunday night.

Last couple years we finished shooting around 3 or so.

Even after smoke and joke and brief awards/prize you can figure on rolling out before 5

If shooting the cup as a team...both shooters engage the targets at the same time and as soon as they have all been hit twice or round count is met or stage time limit is reached...stage is complete ?
    This is how I read the description at in motion website

If shooting the cup as a team...both shooters engage the targets at the same time and as soon as they have all been hit twice or round count is met or stage time limit is reached...stage is complete ?
    This is how I read the description at in motion website

That's not necessarily the case. Each stage is unique. Sometimes, shooters alternate firing sequence, one may shoot then the other, et al.

Last year there was a "double" stage where one shooter engaged one set of targets while the other shooter engaged the other set, then the shooters "switched" sets. All within the same time frame.

That's not necessarily the case. Each stage is unique. Sometimes, shooters alternate firing sequence, one may shoot then the other, et al.

Last year there was a "double" stage where one shooter engaged one set of targets while the other shooter engaged the other set, then the shooters "switched" sets. All within the same time frame.

Were the stage ranges and descriptions laid out in a course of fire book or was it find range and engage style?

Reactions: JS624
    Were the stage ranges and descriptions laid out in a course of fire book or was it find range and engage style?

You gotta range the targets on the clock and you don’t know the stage description until you’re standing in front of the stage

Any good threads on best range finding binos? Sounds like I’m gonna need an upgrade before the match.

Last year, you could find targets off the clock, but had to range on the clock. So make sure you have normal binos to find targets, because the ROs won’t let you use LRF binos until the clock starts.

So my buddy and his kid want to shoot this match with me. It will be a first match for all three of us. Would we be squaded together or separate? Also none of us have a tripod. Sounds like that may be a problem. Any advice?

So my buddy and his kid want to shoot this match with me. It will be a first match for all three of us. Would we be squaded together or separate? Also none of us have a tripod. Sounds like that may be a problem. Any advice?

Be humble. Be polite. Expect to time out some stages.

Have fun.

Look at investing in a tripod. As a newb last year, I was fortunate enough to get loaned a tripod for the one stage that was going to leave me shooting the first few targets from a standing, sling supported position. I shot the rest of the match where tripods were being deployed, using: my ruck/fence posts/being creative.

Reactions: steepdiver

If you do not bring a tripod you will be shooting a third or more of the stages off hand.

I use a $99 Slik 700 from amazon with an inexpensive levelling base and arca clamp. It has been perfectly serviceable for a pile of these matches over the last couple years.

Contact Carl the MD, he will do his best to accommodate you and your buddy and his son to shoot together.

I won't be attending this year, but I do have a question for possibly next year. Are the targets within reach for a 308? I'm running 2712fps 178 hornady elds. So given the altitude of colville I might be ok to 1200 yards or so with favorable atmospherics. Granted wind and other difficulties with 308, but it isnt something I'm going to replace right now since I shoot other matches in the tactical division.

I won't be attending this year, but I do have a question for possibly next year. Are the targets within reach for a 308? I'm running 2712fps 178 hornady elds. So given the altitude of colville I might be ok to 1200 yards or so with favorable atmospherics. Granted wind and other difficulties with 308, but it isnt something I'm going to replace right now since I shoot other matches in the tactical division.

Yes.

There were very few targets (and I mean one or two) you would miss with a 308 due to distance, and they were only on one or two stages.

If you felt like you could otherwise clean those stages, you could use Warner Flatline 155s, which turn your 308 into a 6.5–I get 2850 with a BC of .270 acoustic/.291 Doppler from them vs 2875 with a BC of .288 from my 6.5 load. The difference in drops between those two loads end up being within about 0.2 mils out to a mile. Record a zero offset and keep a mag loaded with the magic bullets so you can decide after ranging to use it and switch your Kestrel, app, or DOPE card over to that load for those stages.

The flatlines are expensive, but you’d shoot no more than 24 of them in the match, and that’s only if you decided to use them for the entire stage if they were needed by one target.

Or you could decide you’re there to have fun, run your normal 308 load, and laugh it off.

There were very few targets (and I mean one or two) you would miss with a 308 due to distance, and they were only on one or two stages.

If you felt like you could otherwise clean those stages, you could use Warner Flatline 155s, which turn your 308 into a 6.5–I get 2850 with a BC of .270 acoustic/.291 Doppler from them vs 2875 with a BC of .288 from my 6.5 load. The difference in drops between those two loads end up being within about 0.2 mils out to a mile. Record a zero offset and keep a mag loaded with the magic bullets so you can decide after ranging to use it and switch your Kestrel, app, or DOPE card over to that load for those stages.

The flatlines are expensive, but you’d shoot no more than 24 of them in the match, and that’s only if you decided to use them for the entire stage if they were needed by one target.

Or you could decide you’re there to have fun, run your normal 308 load, and laugh it off.

From my understanding the tactical/limited division only allows 77gr bullets for .223/5.56 and 175s for. 308

Those rules don’t apply to this match

Yes, and no...

If he runs it as part of the Rifleman's Team Challenge Series like last year, then yes he has restrictions, But if he just runs it as is, then no restrictions.

Also note that the course will be shot the month before by a few shooters

Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 4.27.49 PM.png

Last edited:
    The Kettle Falls Match is not the same place, same guy, different location

That looks like a typo, it's Colville and Kettle Falls
    Wasn’t Last year the match kind of combined guys shooting 308 so they can score in the RTC?

Maybe I’m getting old.

Chris if I don’t make it up this year (maybe in China but trying to reschedule) can you ask Carl T for my pump pillow ? :)

From my understanding the tactical/limited division only allows 77gr bullets for .223/5.56 and 175s for. 308

According to the PRS rules... Up to 178 at 2800fps. Unless something has changed since I last checked. Local matches to me aren't sticklers TBH.

According to the PRS rules... Up to 178 at 2800fps. Unless something has changed since I last checked. Local matches to me aren't sticklers TBH.

RTC rules state 77gr and 175gr only for limited if I'm not mistaken.
    This match doesnt fall under the PRS umbrella I dont think?
    I could be totally wrong tho lol.
    Either way see you all there.
    My partner and I are shooting Limited/Tactical with 77s in our .223s

RTC rules state 77gr and 175gr only for limited if I'm not mistaken.
    This match doesnt fall under the PRS umbrella I dont think?
    I could be totally wrong tho lol.
    Either way see you all there.
    My partner and I are shooting Limited/Tactical with 77s in our .223s

Damn, 223s? That's going to be pretty far for those, even in 77gr. Are you using a pretty long barrel with that? Must be a pretty stout loading also.

I'm not sure of the RTS rules at all, just the PRS stuff, I had to look it up to make sure... https://www.precisionrifleseries.com/static/media/uploads/prs_rules.pdf

RTC rules stipulate 175-178s at or under 2750 (for .308). .308 is fine for this match, my partner and I have shot this match in Limited the last 2 years and won Limited last year (shooting 175 RDFs). The Kettle Falls RTC match is at the same venue but the venue is huge and neither the COF or shooting locations/positions will be the same for that match as for the SHC.

Are there still slots available for this Match for an individual sir?
    Also, does it count towards NWPRL points?