• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

rope

Winners never quit--Quitters never win
Supporter
Minuteman
  • May 25, 2007
    Alaska
    How is everyone’s hunting season lining up? Anyone get any interesting tags?

I have a Dall sheep hunt end of August and moose in the middle of September.

Good luck everyone!

Got a Colorado 1st Rifle Elk tag in the mail this week, first tag I've ever drawn in my life. Absolutely can't wait. After that it will be whitetail archery and rifle here in Alabama. Hopefully in 3-5 years I'll work up to two "destination" hunts a year. For now its just one, and we are focusing on elk.

Picked up a Colorado Archery Mule Deer tag that'll get paired with an OTC archery bull tag. Hunting units 77, 771 mainly. Lots of low altitude Mulies, but I've always wanted one from the high country. :D

Collecting Colorado Elk points, aiming for unit 1 or 2... it'll be a while yet.

Did not draw Elk or Antelope in New Mexico. Two years in a row now.

Next year I'm aiming for at least a 4 state draw across 3-4 species per state. Probably AZ, NM, CO, and WY.

I was spoiled with a Black Bear hunt in Idaho a few years back. Would entertain going back for both Black Bear and Elk.

Got a Colorado 1st Rifle Elk tag in the mail this week, first tag I've ever drawn in my life. Absolutely can't wait. After that it will be whitetail archery and rifle here in Alabama. Hopefully in 3-5 years I'll work up to two "destination" hunts a year. For now its just one, and we are focusing on elk.
    Congrats, tags in the mail= always a good felling.

Last edited:
    Picked up a Colorado Archery Mule Deer tag that'll get paired with an OTC archery bull tag. Hunting units 77, 771 mainly. Lots of low altitude Mulies, but I've always wanted one from the high country. :D

Collecting Colorado Elk points, aiming for unit 1 or 2... it'll be a while yet.

Did not draw Elk or Antelope in New Mexico. Two years in a row now.

Next year I'm aiming for at least a 4 state draw across 3-4 species per state. Probably AZ, NM, CO, and WY.

I was spoiled with a Black Bear hunt in Idaho a few years back. Would entertain going back for both Black Bear and Elk.
    Cool, sounds like a good trip.

Reactions: SkyScrapin
    Pulled two antelope doe tags in unit 26 in the main draw and another doe tag in the second draw in unit 109. I'm hoping to also draw a swan tag for our waterfowl hunt in ND this fall as well.

Reactions: rope
    Decent year for me I suppose. Drew a 2nd choice mule deer tag in my home state of Oregon. Same unit I hunted last year, not great for bigger bucks but should be able to fill my tag and who knows maybe a big buck will appear:)

Also, drew a buck antelope tag in Wyoming in the unit I usually hunt and then 2 doe antelope tags in the leftover draw for another unit so should be fun.
    Good luck to all this year - be sure to post pics of your hunts!!

Sounds like some good hunting is upcoming. Just counted I am 5 weeks and 6 days from my Dall sheep hunt.

Multi season and second deer tags in Wa.
    Drew a rifle bull hunt in MT unit 270
    Can’t wait to get back and find some bulls in Montana

My 16yo daughter and I have NM pronghorn tags.
    My older daughter has an AZ cow elk tag.
    My 16yo daughter has a premium AZ mule deer tag.
    Sounds like your about to fill a freezer, nice hunts, I am sure you will enjoy those hunts with your kids. Good luck.
    My 8 year old is hitting the mountains with me for my Dall sheep hunt. He is so excited he can barely sleep.

Last edited:
    Reactions: lancetkenyon
    Multi season and second deer tags in Wa.
    Drew a rifle bull hunt in MT unit 270
    Can’t wait to get back and find some bulls in Montana
    Is that easy or west Montana? I used to hunt the Bitterroots of Idaho not too far from the Montana border, really nice region. Good luck.

Got a tag for a mule deer hunt in Idaho this October. First time going deer hunting since I was a kid, can't wait!
    Good job getting back after it. I haven’t hunted Idaho for over a decade, I really like the Bitterroots. Good luck.

Wyoming

My tags: Black bear, Mt Lion, Wolf, Bull Elk, Cow elk

Additionally;
    Both my wife and I as a party drew: 2 ea whitetail does, 2 ea antelope does, 1 ea Mule deer buck

0E0387FE-6FD0-4546-81FD-7A1832D27935.jpeg

I drew a good bull elk and a buck antelope tag in ID plus a muzzleloader deer and cow elk tag in UT. I will also buy a non-resident elk and possibly a deer tag here in ID. We are headed to Kodiak Island on Aug 15th for deer and caribou also. That's 8-9 tags and a busy season.

Reactions: rope and kabarNC
    I drew a good bull elk and a buck antelope tag in ID plus a muzzleloader deer and cow elk tag in UT. I will also buy a non-resident elk and possibly a deer tag here in ID. We are headed to Kodiak Island on Aug 15th for deer and caribou also. That's 8-9 tags and a busy season.
    Sounds like a great year of hunting. Good luck on your hunts!

Colorado OTC Archery Elk - not sure where I'll hunt yet, but thinking Unit 6, 161, or 5? Also 2nd Rifle Antlerless Elk in 191.

Good pile of tags you have accumulated, good luck on a successful season.

Colorado OTC Archery Elk - not sure where I'll hunt yet, but thinking Unit 6, 161, or 5? Also 2nd Rifle Antlerless Elk in 191.
    A 2 elk year, congrats and good luck on your season.

nw colo first rifle bull elk. this will be my 2nd time, last year was my first. got there a week early to scout and scouted far and wide but didn't see much. saw two cow elk at first light opening day and thought, this is going to be real easy. then of course didn't see another elk the rest of the week. roads turned to crap so i couldn't get to the upper elevations in my units.

nw colo first rifle bull elk. this will be my 2nd time, last year was my first. got there a week early to scout and scouted far and wide but didn't see much. saw two cow elk at first light opening day and thought, this is going to be real easy. then of course didn't see another elk the rest of the week. roads turned to crap so i couldn't get to the upper elevations in my units.
    Good luck on your elk hunt!

Got my MT Antelope archery tag yesterday. First out west hunt for me! I’m stoked. I’ll do my typical OTC turkey and Whitetail MN archery, with the annual pheasant opener in Aberdeen with family.

Got my MT Antelope archery tag yesterday. First out west hunt for me! I’m stoked. I’ll do my typical OTC turkey and Whitetail MN archery, with the annual pheasant opener in Aberdeen with family.
    Sounds like an adventure upcoming in MT, and at home.

From Oct-Dec, I’ll be going after mulies or whitetail bucks in a couple different areas, and same for elk here in WY.

The massive herd bull that I had in my sights a few years back (and some other dumb ass Hunter spooked him off) still haunts my dreams, so I’m hoping for another crack at one.?

From Oct-Dec, I’ll be going after mulies or whitetail bucks in a couple different areas, and same for elk here in WY.

The massive herd bull that I had in my sights a few years back (and some other dumb ass Hunter spooked him off) still haunts my dreams, so I’m hoping for another crack at one.?
    Good luck getting that herd bull.

Reactions: Wyzrd

What region in WY do you hunt?

Usually Area 59 and 64 for mule deer around Wheatland. For white tails, I’ll hunt around Lusk, and then for elk I’ll be down by the CO/WY border (By Encampment) in Area 13... hoping next year I can draw an elk tag for Area 7.

After many years, finally pulled a Unit 57 tag in Wyo for antelope. Gonna chase mule deer down that way also post hunt, but primary focus will be on a nice speed goat.

Good luck everyone my two boys and I are about th start packing the truck for ou Dall and moose hunt 9 day this iteration.

Reactions: Big Ern and Wyzrd