• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2020 AG Cup

longgunJR

Banhammer
Banned !
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2019
Central Texas
Whose all following the 2020 AG Cup match?

Thoughts?
Can Vibbert take it home again?

Lets talk, I personally would love to see the sport grow to where there's better financial incentive along the lines of what this match is intended to do.

I followed it loosely yesterday, this weekend will be hard with family and Halloween stuff going on. Can’t sit in front of my phone all weekend waiting for live videos.

I’m all about the sport growing, but per usual the live footage is inherently boring. And that’s coming from someone that shoots PRS type matches regularly. Seeing someone shoot modified prone is just not exciting.

I said it last year and I’ll say it again: they need scope cams. Even with target cams and picture in picture done in post-editing, it isn’t the same when you don’t know what they’re seeing. Precision rifle is tough in this regard because there is such a disconnect between pulling the trigger and what happens downrange. Sports like archery, trap, pistol, and 3-gun show direct target feedback because they are physically so close to the shooter.

I don’t care what the top shooters say, making them use scope cams, if even for a select handful of stages, would completely change how the sport is viewed. Until then, for me at least, it’s not going to grow outside of the niche it sits in currently.

That all being said, I’m rooting for Francis Colon and Chad Heckler as they are fellow Midwest shooters. And Brian Allen, I’ve shot with him a couple times and he’s a really good guy.

I just tried to watch a few videos... OMG so boring.

Until they have have live commentator and can cut to other shooting or videos and scope cams or split screen it wont be entertaining.

I still like the longer and older match videos guys set to music. I haven't seen as many in the past couple yrs though

I just tried to watch a few videos... OMG so boring.

Until they have have live commentator and can cut to other shooting or videos and scope cams or split screen it wont be entertaining.

I still like the longer and older match videos guys set to music. I haven't seen as many in the past couple yrs though

Ya, it’s pretty meh overall. Though I understand it’s still really a concept in the works more so than a finished product.

I’d like to see them require through scope cameras. Just seeing someone shoot off a position without knowing what they see or experience isn’t very spectator friendly.

I’d also like to see them change or restrict the stages a bit. Every stage they could, shooters were basically building a modified prone position using a tripod. While I completely understand in theory you want to build a position as clone to prone as possible.......it does no good to allow this. Make 80% of your stage tripods not allowed, or make them not allowed and also one bag only.

I also understand most of the targets were in the 1.5-1.75 moa area. So I’d be doing everything I could to use a tripod rear support as well. It just doesn’t make for entertaining tv.