• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Group Buys Closed: 2020 Borka Tool Kits and Combo kits

kortik

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2010
Michigan
www.borkatools.com
Borka Tools is pleased to present our new, 2020 model of adjustable torque driver, aka "Borka Torque Driver" (BTD) and a wide variety of BTD based kits in expanded, combo and customer specified configurations.

New kit concept and important features were professionally reviewed by John McQuay from 8541 Tactical, and the version of the kit, shown in the video, is called "BCK-JM":

Here is another (just released) excellent video specifically about 2020 Borka Combo kit, by Ray from X-Ring channel on Youtube. Kit, which is shown in the video, is called "BCK-RH":

Note: Additional information of mostly technical nature is provided at the end of this post.

Here are the main differences from previously run, by Borka Tools, GBs for our products:

1. Participants of the Group Buy will receive 7.5% discount relative to the retail price.

2. Borka Tools will donate another 7.5% of all proceeds from this GB to support Snipers Hide.

Such arrangement lets GB participants to donate 7.5% of their money (received by Borka Tools) to Snipers Hide. I believe it is one of the practical ways to support Snipers Hide, which all of us like to use so much.

Estimated USPS domestic shipping charges are $9-$15, depending upon the size of your order.

Note: This GB is a one-time opportunity for SH members to purchase 2020 BTD kits on beneficial terms.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

How to select your 2020 BTD (Borka Torque Driver) kit:

First, visit our web page, 2020 Borka Tool Kits and Combo Kits to learn details about various kits.

Second, take a look at SH Group Buy 2020 BTD kits prices and availability:

1. BTK-E1, retail is $175, GB price is $162, and $12 will be donated to support SH.

2. BTK-E2, retail is $175, GB price is $162, and $12 will be donated to support SH.

3. BTK-E4, retail is $200, GB price is $185, and $14 will be donated to support SH.

4. BTK-E5, retail is $210, GB price is $194, and $15 will be donated to support SH.

5. BTK-E7, retail is $220, GB price is $203, and $15 will be donated to support SH.

6. BCK-N1, retail is $195, GB price is $180, and $14 will be donated to support SH.

7. BCK-N2, retail is $195, GB price is $180, and $14 will be donated to support SH.

8. BCK-BL, retail is $195, GB price is $180, and $14 will be donated to support SH.

9. BCK-DT, retail is $195, GB price is $180, and $14 will be donated to support SH.

10. BCK-JM, retail is $250, GB price is $231, and $17 will be donated to support SH.

11. BCK-RH, retail is $280, GB price is $259, and $19 will be donated to support SH.

Other options, available for this GB:

A. Order custom BTD based kit, with inclusion of available accessories from various kits.
GB discount (7.5%) and your donation by Borka Tools to SH (7.5%) will be calculated and applied.

B. Order MCR along with BTD kit, retail is $50, GB price is $50, and $3 will be donated to website.

C. Order UTK along with BTD kit, retail is $30, GB price is $30, and $2 will be donated to website.

Link to information, which is related to options B and C: Firearms maintenance tools
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you're interested, send an e-mail with a subject line "SH Group Buy" (very important!) to:

[email protected]

and include this information:

1. Your SH forums name
2. What you want to order
3. Your full name and shipping address
4. Prefered method of payment (PayPal, CC, USPS money order)

I will quote your kit(s), reply and send PayPal payment request to your e-mail. If you have PayPal account, you know what to do. If not, just choose payment request option to send money using your credit or debit card; PayPal will then act as just a credit or debit card processing company.

Borka Tools ships orders to the valid U.S. addresses only.

GB orders will be shipped in 2-4 business days after payment is received. By the end of day when your order was shipped, you will receive shipping notification with USPS tracking #, automatically generated
and sent by PayPal. If you paid by USPS money order, tracking # will be e-mailed to you by Borka Tools.

Avoid using PMs for GB communications. I have to keep everything related to SH GB in one place,
and my business e-mail database is a convenient place to keep all GB business records.

Your feedback is important for all kinds of reasons, please post it in this thread.

Best wishes to everybody,

Boris
Borka Tools

P.S. Another SH thread, related to this Group Buy: New 2020 Borka kits

****************************************************************************************************************************

Additional information:

2020 Borka Torque Driver (BTD) design is different from our 2015 adjustable torque driver (ATD) design. Instead of "break-over" torque tool design concept of ATD and our original MTD (Multi Torque driver), BTD utilizes our new very unique design (patent pending), which provides better ergonomics, accuracy and consistency of BTD in comparison to ATD. Method of torque adjustment remains the same and there are barely any weight and dimensional differences between BTD and ATD. The main design difference is that BTD has no pivoting handle. BTD utilizes short stroke crossbar, which, when desired torque value is reached, slides 1/8" in the direction of torque application and generates an easily detectable sound "click". When torque tool "clicks", it is very certain that torque tool performed just one complete cycle of torque application. When torque tool "slips" without generating any "click", it is a very different story.

Another change, related to BTD, is the implementation of the highly practical and very easy to use torque adjustment range from 10 inch-lbs. to 70 inch-lbs. And if there is a need for torque application of less than 10 inch-lbs. or more than 70 inch-lbs., BTD kit can include Borka Tools PTL (Precision Torque Limiter), for example PTL0004 (4 inch-lbs.) for NF ZeroStop turret screws or PTL0100 (100 inch-lbs.) for some of the NF scope mounts crossbolts, or even both of these PTLs. PTL0080 (80 inch-lbs.) for DT SRS/HTI/MDR barrel changes and PTL0090 (90 inch-lbs.) for ARC Barloc are also available. As the result, you always have an option to configure your Borka Combo Kit (BCK) so that it will work for many different applications. When PTL is integrated into BCK, it will cost less in comparison to the same PTL, purchased as a separate item.

Borka Torque Driver (BTD) and Cleaning Rods (ECR and MCR) are made in the U.S.A. by Borka Tools and Pro-Shot Products. Accessories, such as bits sets, sockets, extensions, ratchets and Maxpedition pouches are custom made in Taiwan. All our kits, without exception, are assembled and quality controlled in the U.S.A.

FYI, Maxpedition pouch, which we use for BTD kits, is a very slightly modified Maxpedition E.D.C. Pocket Organizer (manufacturer item # 0246), and it is readily available for purchase from many online retailers. This pouch is suitable for packaging of currently available and future combo and custom kits. Our custom TAB GEAR pouch is more compact and works well for selected kits having mostly fixed configurations.

Take note that our latest BTD design is fully expected to remain the same for the next 15+ years.
*****************************************************************************************************************************

Last edited:
Tagged.

Just bought the ATD kit about 2 weeks ago from your website. I think I've torqued just about everything around the house with it that I can. Easy to use and accurate. This upgrade looks like it will everything that is and more.

Received my kit.
Exceeded my expectations.

Thank you.
Myron
20191030_171853.jpg

Received BCK-JM kit today. Tested it out right away, checked the torque on the scope mounts. Works as described in 8541 Tactical’s vid. This is an amazing piece of kit.
8BA3A647-E64D-41CB-AC10-7FB2EA504A32.jpeg

Reactions: kortik
Received my kit on Saturday. Awesome kit. Very glad I sold my Fix It Sticks for this!. Thanks again.

This GB is still opened. If you wish to take advantage of the special SH members discount for yourself and help to support Snipers Hide at the same time, this GB is the great opportunity.

Boris

From Navy Chief:

"Got my kit yesterday, these are amazing quality and functionality for the money. "

Navy Chief, thank you very much for your feedback.

I'm surprised myself how well the new 2020 Borka Torque Driver works... It's actually more accurate than it probably needs to be, ergonomics is much improved in comparison to 2015 ATD and it's made in the U.S.A. from stainless steel and anodized aluminum for enhanced corrosion resistance.

Have no plans to change this design for the nearest 15+ years, after spending the last 2 years for R&D and testing five different prototypes for accuracy and durability.

Boris

Last edited:
Great kit Boris!
I’ve been using it constantly and I love it!
Also thanks for all your help with the order you really went out of your way to help me.

Dang it...Boris.... lmao
The tool kit is awesome and worth every cent... Since I have opened it I have loosend and re tightened ever scope, action, and other screws and bolts I have came across. Thank you so much for the awesome service and suport for snipers hide

THANKS again

20200115_172657.jpg
20200115_172715.jpg

BigDaddy0381,

You're very welcome and thank you very much for your feedback and pictures!

Boris
Borka Tools

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

First picture in BigDaddy0381 post shows 2 complete sets of bits. One is included with BTD kit, and another one is an additional UTK bits set, which was shipped to BigDaddy0381 together with his kit.

Take note that bits set, included with any BTD kit, is slightly different from UTK (Universal Tool Kit) bits set. UTK bits set has additional T10, T15, T20 torx bits and 6 mm hex bit, which is often used for maintenance of the modern design bicycles. UTK bits set provides a nice backup for the bits, included into BTD kits, if any of bits are accidently lost. UTK bits set is NOT a part of BTD kit.

Boris, I rarely write reviews, but I wish to share that the tools you sell are superb in terms of function, fit and workmanship including the packaging of a modified BCK-JM for the field and the extra items I needed for a bench stock setup. I could not believe that you actually called me after receiving an email from me in which I asked numerous what-if questions. You listened keenly to what I wanted to accomplish and then you sent me an email with a proposal for a 'field tool kit" and a separate proposal to build a 'bench stock setup.' By having both setups, one of my biggest peeves is eliminated. I no longer have to dig/navigate through my range bag if I need one or two tools for a quick repair (similar to having a big set of tools in the garage and a small tool bag in the truck for the oh craps).

Your guidance, thorough planning and personal attention far exceeded my expectations coupled with your support of Sniper's Hide. The biggest take away for me is your 'Old School' business approach, which is almost lost in today's society. I would have never received such quality service if I had called a box-store merchant asking for advice.

Reactions: BigDaddy0381
Boris, I rarely write reviews, but I wish to share that the tools you sell are superb in terms of function, fit and workmanship including the packaging of a modified BCK-JM for the field and the extra items I needed for a bench stock setup. I could not believe that you actually called me after receiving an email from me in which I asked numerous what-if questions. You listened keenly to what I wanted to accomplish and then you sent me an email with a proposal for a 'field tool kit" and a separate proposal to build a 'bench stock setup.' By having both setups, one of my biggest peeves is eliminated. I no longer have to dig/navigate through my range bag if I need one or two tools for a quick repair (similar to having a big set of tools in the garage and a small tool bag in the truck for the oh craps).

Your guidance, thorough planning and personal attention far exceeded my expectations coupled with your support of Sniper's Hide. The biggest take away for me is your 'Old School' business approach, which is almost lost in today's society. I would have never received such quality service if I had called a box-store merchant asking for advice.
I really appreciate your feedback!

Working directly with my customers is both my absolute priority and pleasure, which is the main reason that Borka Tools very much favors DTC (direct-to-consumer) sales. We do not manufacture our tools in huge quantity and instead, concentrate on product quality and comprehensive customer support. I just like it a lot more, as you've called it, "Old School" approach.

In particular, thank you very much for your $54 share in support of Snipers Hide.

Boris
Borka Tools

Last edited:
Reactions: BigDaddy0381
PM Boris he can explain it a little more, tell him you want Bigdaddys kit...lol... . I had some stuff removed and added. So it was a custom.
It's the BCK-JM special.

Yes sir, its best for him to hook you up.. boris is second to none. I might lead you in the wrong direction .
I believe it was BCK-JM with a little of the set from a UTK. But might be wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: facelessrick
Received my BTK-E1 kit last week. Very pleased with it. Like everyone else has mentioned, everything I own has/will be shortly checked for correct torque. :)

AEAD8842-450A-4CD6-B580-94CDCC4746F3_1_201_a.jpeg

Boris, how can we get one of these kits in Canada? You used to ship them here but no longer.

Boris, how can we get one of these kits in Canada? You used to ship them here but no longer.
Well, there are three main issues for shipping internationally, to Canada or any other country.

1. There is no way for Borka to control or even reliably monitor shipping progress and delivery after package leaves the borders of the U.S., which makes all this situation very uncertain.

2. We do not provide any warranty or technical support for our products located outside the U.S., it just costs too much money if something needs to be replaced. Does not happen often, but probability for such need does exist.

3. It takes a lot more of our time and effort to ship internationally in comparison to domestic shipping. If you agree to pay more (time is money), feel free to contact me by e-mail.

Thanks,

Boris
Borka Tools

Last edited:
Below is the list of Snipers Hide forums members, who paid for their orders and as the result,
we now have 7.5% of all GB purchases to support Snipers Hide. $800 was sent to Snipers Hide.

SH memberKits / Other ItemsContribution to SHStatus
1Mark.n.chipBCK-N1$14Shipped
2CanonSterVABCK-JM+PTL0090$20Shipped
3T44BTK-E4+PTL0004$16Shipped
4RNWRKNPBCK-Custom$16Shipped
5jcamBCK-JM$17Shipped
6chris514scottBCK-JM$17Shipped
7LCHDRBCK-JM,UTK1,AP1,LBKx3$27Shipped
8BpairBTK-E1$12Shipped
9ToddMBCK-JM$17Shipped
10Navy ChiefBTK-E1, MCR$16Shipped
11blairBCK-JM$17Shipped
12alchrisrBTK-E4$14Shipped
13skatz11BCK-JM,UTK,ECRx2$25Shipped
14polter71BCK-JM$17Shipped
15CompookyBCK-BL$14Shipped
16sodakhunterBCK-JM$17Shipped
17Stone842BCK-JM, UTK$19Shipped
18BkultraBCK-JM$17Shipped
19JimmyMcnultyBCK-JM$17Shipped
20aishooternzBTK-E2$12Shipped
21High Plains DrifterBTK-Custom$15Shipped
22weedsBTK-E1$12Shipped
23FJR05BTK-E4$14Shipped
24SHGronkBCK-JM$17Shipped
25JFPBCK-JM, MCR, 20 other items$54Shipped
26Macman25BCK-N1$14Shipped
27SpicyChipmunkBTK-E7$15Shipped
28Bigdaddy0381BCK-JM special$18Shipped
29M1matchBCK-BL$14Shipped
30precision_dadBTK-E5$15Shipped
31Blkz06BTK-E1$12Shipped
32Jlamb182BCK-JM$17Shipped
33FarrdgBTK-E1$12Shipped
34bidetBTK-E5, UTK$17Shipped
35erslllBTK-E1$12Shipped
36IncahootsBCK-DT$14Shipped
37rust4brainsBCK-DT$14Shipped
38IndustrialHaloBTK-E1$12Shipped
39WilbBCK-RH, MCR$23Shipped
40GreyswandirBTK-E5$15Shipped
41TakashiBTK-E2+ECR$15Shipped
42TipToeTangoBTK-E1+PTL0004K1$14Shipped
43TornadoBTK-E1, UTK$14Shipped
44Gamecock525BCK-JM$17Shipped
45SoymilkBTK-E5$15Shipped
46CynicalBCK-RH$19Shipped
47JP50BTK-E1$12Shipped
48RobbenBCK-RH$19Shipped
49QuietmanBCK-JM special$17Shipped

Thanks very much to everybody who took part in this Group Buy, which is now closed.

Boris
Borka Tools