• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 2020 Hunting Thread - Post your Pictures

mountainman308

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2012
WV, USA
New Year new thread! I wish you all calm winds, quiet steps, warm feet, and big game in 2020.

I tell you this has been a tough hunting season (2019) for my 13y.o. son. A lot learned, memories made, and always trying to manage our 100 acre property in Tennessee. New Years day success, lots of emotion, and very proud of him. Shooting a 6.5 Grendel 123 SST at 125 yards in the woods. Quartering shot in the shoulder deflected in the ribs and went down to his rear hind quarters and bullet was recovered.

59959148107__CC4D12FC-A689-4F94-8E49-434C55345BA2.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

That’s a Great buck!
I tell you this has been a tough hunting season (2019) for my 13y.o. son. A lot learned, memories made, and always trying to manage our 100 acre property in Tennessee. New Years day success, lots of emotion, and very proud of him.
That’s a fantastic buck! Congrats!

Out of curiosity, do you fly for FedEx? I have some family and friends in Memphis and have flown into Kmem myself a few times!

@bigwatchpilot that's what it's all about man congrats to your son. It's funny because last year we had a reversed role when i watched dad take a doe at 595yds with the 6.5 SAUM i had built for him. Just a doe but it stands as one of my favorite memories hunting seeing him light up after DRTing a deer that far away was worth every penny spent on that setup.

Late to the party this year had three weeks off didn't hunt much at all the first one, kicking myself for that. Finally got my 7 SS load worked up and it is hammering. Only have on day left and am still hunting meat so idk if i'll end up with any horns this year. Though that's my fault someone should've slapped me the first week and made me get my ass out there. First one was DRT at 378yds. The two yesterday my cousin and I tagged in one hunt at 525yds. Needless to say not so short on meat anymore.
9E692AA5-619F-4D58-A39F-7B75FB1FDD3C.jpeg

43C4645D-C66E-49AF-8E60-CC8A33418DB2.JPG

@bigwatchpilot that's what it's all about man congrats to your son. It's funny because last year we had a reversed role when i watched dad take a doe at 595yds with the 6.5 SAUM i had built for him. Just a doe but it stands as one of my favorite memories hunting seeing him light up after DRTing a deer that far away was worth every penny spent on that setup.

Late to the party this year had three weeks off didn't hunt much at all the first one, kicking myself for that. Finally got my 7 SS load worked up and it is hammering. Only have on day left and am still hunting meat so idk if i'll end up with any horns this year. Though that's my fault someone should've slapped me the first week and made me get my ass out there. First one was DRT at 378yds. The two yesterday my cousin and I tagged in one hunt at 525yds. Needless to say not so short on meat anymore.

Yes, sir...that is what it is. I took 3 doe myself and passed on all the buck in hopes they would return for him. He was out at least 15 days this year. Does, yearlings, and spikes galore. I love to hunt but I love hunting with family and friends even more. Great looking rifles, shooting distance is a blast...I look forward to some longer range hunting. Doing my homework now on Elk hunting to take him for a bucket list trip.

Reactions: TACC and 5RWill
whose stocks r those if custom how long did u wait

Looks like Manners, most orders are +6 months. You might luck out and find a ready to ship stock on their online store. I just bought 2 Tikka stocks they had ready and worked out perfect. They even opened up the barrel channel for me.

Reactions: TACC

View attachment 7216704
View attachment 7216705
I did tell you to go hunting that first week, but I was too busy hunting to come slap any sense into you ?

Reactions: TACC and 5RWill
Finally got a chance to try the new 7SS/Minox combo out this evening, at a whopping 102 yards. Don't have any game cam pics of this one, so I'm sure he's been chasing the ladies and just ended up in the wrong clover patch at the wrong time.

Attachments

• IMG_7308.jpg
    IMG_7308.jpg
    393.7 KB · Views: 118
On the way in to the stand Thursday evening.
Quick shot on Mr piggie. Yeah, I know I'm not lined up properly, but I didn't want to waste any time.

Resized_20200116_153534.jpg

One to the brain stem from the 6-BR and good night Porky.

IMG_4394.jpg

Sorry for the low quality iPhone pics. Wasn't my Samsung... ?

Saw some movement in the tree line across the greenfield Sunday afternoon.
Turned out it was Miss KittyKat getting a snack off of a 9 point buck carcass.

2BF30D7A-EA88-4773-8611-50130CE67197.jpeg
574A65EE-061B-4A46-B6B2-0CDF3BFBB38E.jpeg

The buck had some miscellaneous battle damage from rutting, so we figured that the large puncture wound in his neck was terminal.
Rifle is a Tikka CTR In 6.5 CM pushing a 140 g Nosler Ballistic Tip at 2800 FPS.
Rule at the camp is that coyotes, bobcats, foxes and pigs are bullet bait, and therefore terminate if the opportunity presents its self.

Last weekend of primitive weapon here in Louisiana. CVA scout 35 Whelen. Buck came into the plot at 250 yards after watching a 4pt and a 6pt argue over a hot doe. Smacked him at about 80 yards. Almost like I had him on a rope and was pulling him to the stand.
47E65DB2-D938-48A2-98A1-003B3516D12D.jpeg

I shot 3 pigs tonight. This one was by far the biggest. The 77SMKs in IMI ammo did the trick. The double barrel Tasco lights ziptied to the foreend worked great too.

Attachments

• 23A616D9-6D38-4398-B61B-66EEB3D0F411.jpeg
    23A616D9-6D38-4398-B61B-66EEB3D0F411.jpeg
    458.3 KB · Views: 46
  • ECD4192C-49BC-4F7E-AF0B-C0891FE05866.jpeg
    ECD4192C-49BC-4F7E-AF0B-C0891FE05866.jpeg
    632.1 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: TACC
Manner's EH6? If so, how do you like it? Nice Skunk BTW, hope your gun is upwind :)

I tell you this has been a tough hunting season (2019) for my 13y.o. son. A lot learned, memories made, and always trying to manage our 100 acre property in Tennessee. New Years day success, lots of emotion, and very proud of him. Shooting a 6.5 Grendel 123 SST at 125 yards in the woods. Quartering shot in the shoulder deflected in the ribs and went down to his rear hind quarters and bullet was recovered.

View attachment 7214525

View attachment 7214531
looks like a happy kid .

Reactions: bigwatchpilot
Passed up several bucks this year that we’re very nice, but just not old enough yet. My patience was finally rewarded in the last week of the season when this old mature fella showed his face. He’s a 6 year old, maybe 7. Blind in one eye and lots of scars from battles over the years. Lean and worn out from chasing women all winter. 168 Berger Classic Hunter to the high shoulder on a perfect broadside shot, he died right where he stood. And I got the privilege of my wife being in the stand to watch it all go down too! Very happy with how everything turned out. Patience pays off, don’t shoot the young ones!
D22499C8-DB71-47A9-82DF-5772B75D3BAA.jpeg