• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2022 Accuracy International Long Range Classic | ALTUS Shooting Solutions

ALTUSSHOOTING

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2017
www.altusshooting.com
As many of you may already know, the 2-day precision rifle competitions held at ALTUS Shooting Solutions in 2022 will be unsanctioned events. While we have enjoyed and appreciate the support we were shown by the PRS, after much thought we felt it was the right move as a facility to set out on our own. In the last few years, several new competition venues have opened up across the country and there are now more opportunities for shooters interested in pursuing points than ever before. Knowing that, we felt the timing was right for us to part ways and go back to putting on events with a COF that mimics the Outlaw “sniper” competitions of earlier days. We understand and respect that in order to have parity and consistency in a national level series, there has to be rules and restrictions placed from a stage design perspective to achieve that. A large portion of our decision came down to simply choosing to have final say in the style of matches we hold at our facility, simple as that.

As business owners we know that this decision won’t be a popular one amongst some, and we respect that. We are also fully aware and expect that our match participation numbers will drop based off this decision. Because financial gain is not our motivating factor for hosting these matches, we accept that outcome as well. Ultimately, our goal is to host competitions that are measured by how enjoyable the shooter’s and RO's experience was and not on the size of the prize table or how many people chose to participate.

We at ALTUS have some exciting events in the making for 2022 and welcome all of you who choose to join us, and respect all of you who choose not to. The first of these events we are excited to announce is the 7th Annual Accuracy International Long Range Classic, March 11th thru 13th. This year’s match will feature an Outlaw style COF, Pounder’s Hawaiian Grill, and a Saturday night offsite shindig that will be one to remember. Registration opens Friday, November 12th, 2021 at 9AM. Register here at ALTUSSHOOTING.COM

Attachments

• AILRCVII copy.jpg
    AILRCVII copy.jpg
    318.1 KB · Views: 94
For those of us not around in the early days... what type of differences in CoF can we expect going forward?

For those of us not around in the early days... what type of differences in CoF can we expect going forward?

From the match sign-up page:

"Course Of Fire Expectations: The COF will consist of 16-20 stages and may include some of the following:

- Kim's Games

- Hostage targets with penalties for hitting "No Shoots"

- Know You Limits (Real Ones)

- Shooter's Choice Big/Small Targets (1point/2point)

- Limited equipment stage(s)

- Cold Bore

- Traditional Positions

- Unknown Distances

- Blind stages

- Defilades "

Happening this weekend and I couldn’t be more excited. I just hope the weather man is predicting it to be colder than it will be.

Anybody shoot that match that wants to share an after action report? Sounds like a killer match.

Anybody shoot that match that wants to share an after action report? Sounds like a killer match.

Egos were destroyed, hearts broken, and faces wind+sun burned on day 1. Food was eaten, beer was consumed that night to alleviate everything in the first sentence.

Egos were kicked when down, trophies were awarded, prizes raffled off (all of them), and more beer consumed Sunday.

I heard a LOT of comments that people were getting their asses handed to them by the course of fire and conditions, but that they were enjoying every minute of it.

Are the results posted anywhere? I couldn’t find it on practiscore.

Egos were destroyed, hearts broken, and faces wind+sun burned on day 1. Food was eaten, beer was consumed that night to alleviate everything in the first sentence.

Egos were kicked when down, trophies were awarded, prizes raffled off (all of them), and more beer consumed Sunday.

I heard a LOT of comments that people were getting their asses handed to them by the course of fire and conditions, but that they were enjoying every minute of it.
Touching story but where are the results posted?

Worst ass kicking I think I have ever taken at a match. Very humbling match, which I love. Id love to come shoot it again though. One of the funnest matches I have shot. I loved the risk and reward stages, and the facility is just unreal. Coarse of fire was challenging, but fun. Met a lot of cool people from all over the USA as well.

I shot horribly. Most fun match with the best people, best food, facilities, etc. ever. If you have not shot an Altus match you’re completely missing out. It was WAY over the top, especially the beer combi and the epic crawfish/seafood/low country boil! Any one element was worth the price of admission, but together…Best Match Ever. Thank you guys so much for putting it on, and treating everyone so well! I shall return.

Wow an actual great match with great stages !

PRS is a bunch of fags for the shenanigans they pull
From the match sign-up page:

"Course Of Fire Expectations: The COF will consist of 16-20 stages and may include some of the following:

- Kim's Games

- Hostage targets with penalties for hitting "No Shoots"

- Know You Limits (Real Ones)

- Shooter's Choice Big/Small Targets (1point/2point)

- Limited equipment stage(s)

- Cold Bore

- Traditional Positions

- Unknown Distances

- Blind stages

- Defilades "

Reactions: Darkside-Six
Wow an actual great match with great stages !

PRS is a bunch of fags for the shenanigans they pull

There was a hostage stage, but the penalty was running back to a barricade about 5 yards behind you and swapping magazines with the one you left there at the start of the stage. That stage also started off with you taking a full IPSC steel target and dragging/throwing it from the car to the barricade.

There were two KYLs that one miss meant a zero. The Sunday KYL was two passes - first one strong side, the second weak side. Each pass was separate, so if you zeroed one you didn't lose your points from the other.

My two stages had nothing like that, but they definitely hurt some feelings. My Saturday stage was a max of 9 points, and we had 2 people score a 7. The average was around 2-3.

I will definitely have to keep this one in mind for next year.

My two stages had nothing like that, but they definitely hurt some feelings. My Saturday stage was a max of 9 points, and we had 2 people score a 7. The average was around 2-3.
Donut Hole? I got a 5, and walked away feeling pretty special.

Reactions: RS14
This is pretty funny because I was the very first person of the weekend to shoot the toilet seat stage and got a 6.......then my weekend went down hill from there and I shot several doughnut holes, but Im talking scores not targets!!! lol

Basically only took photos of my 12yr old competing. But here ya go.

Attachments

• C9550E88-4502-4729-A5F6-9EDD0E46D01B.jpeg
    C9550E88-4502-4729-A5F6-9EDD0E46D01B.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 87
  • 2B1E54BB-02B8-4362-A8F8-C284ED1D0195.jpeg
    2B1E54BB-02B8-4362-A8F8-C284ED1D0195.jpeg
    494 KB · Views: 84
  • 5AFB3F82-51C9-4BF7-BEBB-6C36EE25EA3F.jpeg
    5AFB3F82-51C9-4BF7-BEBB-6C36EE25EA3F.jpeg
    621.9 KB · Views: 82
  • 291A502B-C4A0-4046-B4F8-5256411564B3.jpeg
    291A502B-C4A0-4046-B4F8-5256411564B3.jpeg
    590.7 KB · Views: 74
  • 80F114BA-7120-4545-A841-EB452001AA63.jpeg
    80F114BA-7120-4545-A841-EB452001AA63.jpeg
    583.8 KB · Views: 91
  • 0925B32F-438E-4225-AFBD-826BF734038E.jpeg
    0925B32F-438E-4225-AFBD-826BF734038E.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 81
This is pretty funny because I was the very first person of the weekend to shoot the toilet seat stage and got a 6.......then my weekend went down hill from there and I shot several doughnut holes, but Im talking scores not targets!!! lol

I think we got down to the last 2 squads before anyone beat a 6. The second 7 of the day was damn near the last shooter of the day, too.

We have a family membership at that range. It is, beyond a doubt, the best shooting establishment I have ever had the pleasure to shoot at. Prince Memorial is a fine range, kept clean to a tee, but a real challenge. When shooting for fun, Altus targets seem to have bullet magnets. I suspect for the match, they turned the bullet magnets off. :devilish:

How many people shot the match.? Usually with the PRS there was 140-150 or more