• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2022 NCAA Football Survival Pool...It's Back!!!

jmtgsx

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 21, 2012
Tulsa, OK
If you've never played before, this is a fun way to while away the upcoming college football season. In a nutshell, pick one team that hasn't lost yet. If they win you get to pick another team the next week. Lather, rinse, repeat. No prizes, just for fun. By the 8th or ninth week of the season, the number of undefeated teams usually gets down to 10 or 15, so you might want to save the top teams for deeper into the season.

1) Pick one college FBS team per week.
2) The team you pick MUST BE UNDEFEATED AND PLAYING THIS WEEK.
3) Once you pick a team you MAY NOT PICK THEM AGAIN.
4) If your pick loses you're out. You only advance to the next week if your pick wins.
5) If you fail to pick in a given week, you're out.
6) Last player standing wins.
7) Picks must be posted in that week's thread.
8) If all the undefeated teams lose in a given week or no survivors can advance to the next week, the tie breaker is the player who posted earliest in that week's thread.
9) Each succeeding week, post your pick for that week, as well as those of your previous picks. This helps YOU not to repeat a pick.
Example:
Week 1: Penn State
Week 2: Clemson
Week 3: South Carolina
Week 4: Indiana
10) If you change a pick, don’t edit the original post, just make a new post. I use the last post you make for your pick. This will also affect tie breaker (Rule 8)
11) Be very clear with your pick. Follow the name format of ESPN Conference Standings
(i.e. OSU could be Ohio St., Oklahoma State, or Oregon State)
12) Schedule weeks are per ESPN. Week 1 runs from Saturday, Aug. 27th to Monday, Sept. 5th. Any of these games are eligible to be picked for week 1. Caution: There are going to be 10 games played a week early on Saturday, August 27th. There are 14 teams that will play twice during "week 1." If you want to pick their 2nd game, please note that in your posts. As moderator of the pool I will settle all disputes.
13) Keeping up with your picks is part of the game. If someone picks a team that has a loss or is not playing that week, don't feel it is your civic duty to point out the error of their ways.
14) Pick must be in thread before kickoff of your game.

Make your week 1 picks in this thread.

NRA Life Member

Last edited:
Im picking Virginia (UVA) to take the National Championship this year!!!

6puifc.jpg

Just kidding Ill put up my real picks soon.

USC (Southern Cal) beats Rice

There will be a female football player, or a male cheerleader in a skirt, 1st week, somewhere NCAA.
Do I win now, or should I be gracious and wait ?