• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2022 Pronghorn

orkan

Primal Rights, Inc.
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Oct 27, 2008
    South Dakota, USA
    www.primalrights.com
    Day 3 and the good Lord granted me success. 6mm PRC Primal, 110gr Atip at 134yds off a tripod. Hardly a challenge, but the new rifle (Stratton Custom Rifles) and our new chambering worked wonderfully.

3AdlVkSh.jpg

Great looking goat. Can I get more info on the 6mm prc primal? Is it just a 6 prc or is the primal some sort of personal touch to the case (shoulder angle, taper, length). What velocity is the 110 moving at

Reactions: 260284 and Modoc
    Great looking goat. Can I get more info on the 6mm prc primal? Is it just a 6 prc or is the primal some sort of personal touch to the case (shoulder angle, taper, length). What velocity is the 110 moving at
    Yup, it’s basically an improved version. 40 degree shoulder and a few other tweaks.

I’m running 110 Atips at 3250 presently. I can hit 3400, but its pretty tough on the brass at that point. Maybe 5-6 firings at most. I’m not a fan of that kind of thing. 3250 is crazy accurate and stable.

Yup, it’s basically an improved version. 40 degree shoulder and a few other tweaks.

I’m running 110 Atips at 3250 presently. I can hit 3400, but its pretty tough on the brass at that point. Maybe 5-6 firings at most. I’m not a fan of that kind of thing. 3250 is crazy accurate and stable.

Thank you! Either that caliber doesn’t get affected by wind even the slightest or your wind calls are significantly above average lol. Great looking rifle, great caliber, great shooting!

Can you comment on your ATip choice? I know the ATip has a reputation for consistency, high BC, etc. What are your thoughts on its terminal performance for hunting? Thanks

@orkan Are you using your tripod to prop up the buck’s head? I’m always looking for tips to improve my pics. Thanks.

Can you comment on your ATip choice? I know the ATip has a reputation for consistency, high BC, etc. What are your thoughts on its terminal performance for hunting? Thanks
    So far, it's worked quite well, but I haven't shot many things with it. Deer season is here however, and I have many tags to fill. So I will be adding a ton of sample size over the next month.

@orkan Are you using your tripod to prop up the buck’s head?
    Yup. I even told him to say "cheese." So, I shot him off the RRS tripod, twice. Not many people can say that. ;)