• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2022 Tripod Help

Bluedog82

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2019
What’s currently the best value for a decent tripod in say the $400 or less range? I don’t have RRS money unfortunately, so I’m not opposed to something made in China. This would primarily be used for shooting rifles of 30lbs or less, with some glassing also. Weight is not a huge concern, and I’m 5’9”. I know BF is approaching and I also qualify for first responder discounts. Any help would be appreciated…thanks!

Look at Two Vets tripods. They are excellent products and can be found for a little more than $400 but no where near the more expensive options. Get with them about a discount too.

This ^^ IMO. I have their No Name tripod and I’m very happy w the product and extremely happy w their CS.

Anyone that can compare the Innorel RT90C to the Leofoto LS-364C?

@Bluedog82

No on the comparison.

Just now trading my RT90c to a buddy.

Whole reason is I want to go lighter and more compact folded profile for glassing and hunting.

I hunt CO and 6-8 miles and 4k feet of elevation climbed is a pretty normal day, so 3 lbs or more saved and less snagging potential is a really good thing.

If it was range and matches, and occasional glassing or flatlands hunting with easy walking, the RT90c works great.

I believe both the vortex radian and leuopold cf455 (which I have) are both Leofoto oem.

I started with the innorel rt90c /n52 ball head which, while decent, lacks slightly in fit and finish compared to the leuopold (leofoto).

DM me and I’ll share pics of both and try to confirm which OEM model the leuopold cf455 is, but ultimately the Leofoto edges the Innorel out.

It also appears to be cheaper with a ball head on Amazon today.

Reactions: Bluedog82
I haven't run both, but the larger apex of the RT90C will tend to be slightly more stable if the legs are the same. Takes up a ton more space when collapsed though, and you can compare the height and weight stats easily online. Like @powdahound76, mine does double duty for hunting so weight and packed size are important. The LS-364 has been effective for me, and a highly regarded precision rifle instructor clipped into it a while back and was impressed. I tried a 3-section for more speed, but didn't like how low the top leg collar was; it was too far down for me to adjust comfortably while behind the gun, so I kept the 4-section and sold the other.

Now, I'm not saying it's the best tripod out there, I'm sure the RRS is better but I don't want to know about it cause then I might get tempted to buy one. I think a lot of CF tripods with similar stats and design will perform very similarly, then it's just a consideration of cost and customer support.

I've had the RT90C and LS-365C and didn't find the Leofoto to be a significant downgrade in stability and a huge improvement in portability. The Innorel is HUGE. The Leofoto can strapped to the top of my range bag under the handles, the RT90C fits in a bag by itself the size of my range bag.

Leofoto now has the SA-364C that comes with an inverted 30mm Anvil Clone. There are 2 versions of the ballhead, one with a knob and one with a lever. Looks like they pulled them off their website so probably due to being a straight up copy of the RRS. My Dad bought one from their offical ebay store for just under $500.
Leofoto Offical Ebay

Last edited:
I've had the RT90C and LS-365C and didn't find the Leofoto to be a significant downgrade in stability and a huge improvement in portability. The Innorel is HUGE. The Leofoto can strapped to the top of my range bag under the handles, the RT90C fits in a bag by itself the size of my range bag.

Leofoto now has the SA-364C that comes with an inverted 30mm Anvil Clone. My Dad bought one from their offical ebay store for just under $500.
Leofoto Offical Ebay
What’s the name of their anvil 30 clone? Thanks!

A friend recently purchased a Leofoto 364 (I believe from their knock off SOAR line), and that was a shaky/wobbly POS. Maybe he just got a lemon, but I was really surprised at how bad the Leofoto was after reading that so many guys like it.

Prior to using his Leofoto, I was of the mindset that most of the cheaper & larger diameter CF legs would probably perform similarly to my RRS legs, but that was not the case at all.

I think it is worth it to delay a purchase in order to get the better set-up IMO.

Reactions: BurtG
Field Optics Research just started selling their dome top product -

Sequoia 32 DomeTOP™ Tripod System​

No idea on quality or how it stacks up against the competition. Little bit more than you price rance but just an FYI.

Last edited:
Athlon makes some too. I've got the 40mm but haven't had a chance to shoot off it yet, got it right as all my hunting seasons started and its bigger than I wanna hunt with. I'm usually using a muzzle loader too, so not really needed.

Initially it looks alright. Comes with everything you need, which is nice. I'm sure its made by the same Chinese guys as the 2 vets and others.

Athlon makes some too. I've got the 40mm but haven't had a chance to shoot off it yet, got it right as all my hunting seasons started and its bigger than I wanna hunt with. I'm usually using a muzzle loader too, so not really needed.

Initially it looks alright. Comes with everything you need, which is nice. I'm sure its made by the same Chinese guys as the 2 vets and others.

I have that one. It is sturdy. I shimmed the clamp slightly, but it is a nice shooting tripod.

ILya

Do you know or have a guess who the OEM is?
Probably innorel. It seems almost all the Chinese made tripods all have very similiar hardware and parts that come from the same place. But I don’t know this for a fact. Someone on here will probably tell me I’m wrong.

Fatboy tripods are phenomenal!! I also have a discount code if you want a little extra off just message me

My 2 cents. Worth what you paid. I have several innorels and a dlow55. The rtc90 is rock solid. It is also a fucking tank to haul around. I use it at matches where weight isn't a concern.

I have 2 other innorels. 1 is a lot lighter than the 90 but still not as light as RRS. It is very stable as long as I don't go above kneeling. I can take a standing shot off of it, but it is a bitch. I am also a decent positional shooter. My wife and kids hate it for shooting standing.

I have another innorel that is lighter yet. Again, it is fine up to kneeling. It is really good sitting.

If everyone in my family didn't hunt and shoot, I would just have a RRS and an anvil 30. I cannot afford 4 of them. In my opinion, the innorels are the compromise and the rrs is where you want to be. There are a couple other options that are good and high end, but I would personally not pay more for a Chinese tripod than innorel, unless I was getting a rrs equivalent.

This is only my opinion. If I cold not afford the rrs I would make a compromise in the innorel line up and save until I could get a rrs.

What are your guys’ opinions on the D-Low55 vs the Leofoto Anvil 30 clone?

I ordered the Leofoto 364 and their Anvil 30 clone (MA-30). Will attach right away, or do I need to order a bowl adapter as well? PS if you go to the Leofoto USA eBay store and “favorite”/heart one of their products, they’ll send you a discounted price. Between the two they knocked off about $100

I ordered the Leofoto 364 and their Anvil 30 clone (MA-30). Will attach right away, or do I need to order a bowl adapter as well? PS if you go to the Leofoto USA eBay store and “favorite”/heart one of their products, they’ll send you a discounted price. Between the two they knocked off about $100
Did you get the MA-30 with the knob or the lever?

Knob, didn’t know if one was better than another and have no experience so I went with the cheaper option.
I believe the lever still has some adjustment for out of spec ARCA rails and can be faster to lock into, but the knob won't hold you back.

Leofoto SOAR 20% Off Black Friday Sale - Discount Code: SOAR20

SA-364C with the MA-40 head for $402.48 after discounts.

1669290898342.png

1669290999319.png

Got my 364 and MA30 in, really liking it so far. Feels really solid and it’s pretty light as well. Couldn’t be happier with it for a first tripod, now I just need to get some more practice in!

Reactions: hellzna
Any one tried the Leo 324? Would that be too light weight?
I’ve got the sa-324cl with ma-30l head. The heaviest rifle I’ve placed on it was a 13 pound sako. It’s not “rock solid” but it feels a lot better than my old manfrotto with a pig saddle clamp.

I’d like to test it out side by side with some of lefotos other offerings and the competition. I recently shot off another guys Innorel RT90C with a game changer on top and that was definitely more solid. Probably twice the weight though.

- Kirby