• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Competition Events 2023 Brawl at Rifles Only

Rifles Only

Jacob
Supporter
Minuteman
May 16, 2001
A Mil Left
Wanted to let you all know that registration for the 2023 Brawl is now open. The competition will take place at Rifles Only in Kingsville, Texas. There will be a train-up February 13-15, 2023. The Brawl will be Friday/Saturday February 17-18, 2023. We will limit spots.
We have several new things planned for this year so we hope to see you!

Wanted to let you all know that registration for the 2023 Brawl is now open. The competition will take place at Rifles Only in Kingsville, Texas. There will be a train-up February 13-15, 2023. The Brawl will be Friday/Saturday February 17-18, 2023. We will limit spots.
Can you provide details on what the train-up entails? I checked the website and didn’t see any details.

Can you provide details on what the train-up entails? I checked the website and didn’t see any details.
It's Rifles Only .... whatever it is will be good!

But if you want to hear it from those who've been, Chris Way has talked about it on his podcast a bit, and I think Mike Lilly had a video showing him getting some tips on slings (and the drawbacks of heavy comp guns!) from Jacob a year or two back ...

Train ups in the past have covered:
- getting good dope on the range
-practicing different skills you will probably need in the competition (shooting mover, shooting with a sling, etc.)
-checking your fundamentals
-hanging out with good people and having a good time.

I have done 6 or so of them over the years, and i'm trying to figure out if I can make it work with my schedule this time.