• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Competition Events 2023 Matches besides PRS?

earthquake

Area Man
Minuteman
  • Jul 30, 2009
    USA
    I've been shooting PRS for 8 years now and over the past 3 years have really burned out on it, as my match attendance has dwindled to almost nothing. I want to keep shooting/competing, but what else is out there besides the normal PRS style format? I don't chase points etc. Looking for something different, something fun.

Looking to stay east of the Mississippi river though as I'm out east, so the SAC or most CD stuff is undoable for me. Jut putting feelers out here to see if there's anything I'm not aware of, and I'm sure that's the case. I only really heard of PRS/NRL and Guardian. I shot the SHC back in '14 and '15 when I lived in the 'rado. Thanks.

NRL is more of a west of the Mississippi thing but a lot more fun than PRS. Competitive too if you get serious about it.

Guardian matches are nice because they’re not ultra competitive if you’re looking for a more relaxed atmosphere, the prize tables are loaded (and won by raffle, not match standing), it’s for a good cause, and the people who run it/attend are good people.

Not sure where you are but pa has
    IWI and Geisselle gas gun matches. The Geiselle ones are more better to me. Pistol and semi auto rifle.

Looks like there’s pistol and .22 PRs matches everywhere I’d like to try them too.

Mkm has a PRS match with pistol targets on each stage. Was a nice change

Id like to see more 2 gun matches.

Altus Shooting in Fl Panhandle. PRS/NRL type match, but non affiliated. So they can run it however they want.

Tends to be a fun vibe, a little different and liked by many. Its in March this year.

NRL Hunter has a few out east this year and i'm sure you could find a teammate if you want that aspect. the grand slam in Laramie, WY is pretty accessible too

I've been shooting PRS for 8 years now and over the past 3 years have really burned out on it, as my match attendance has dwindled to almost nothing. I want to keep shooting/competing, but what else is out there besides the normal PRS style format? I don't chase points etc. Looking for something different, something fun.

Looking to stay east of the Mississippi river though as I'm out east, so the SAC or most CD stuff is undoable for me. Jut putting feelers out here to see if there's anything I'm not aware of, and I'm sure that's the case. I only really heard of PRS/NRL and Guardian. I shot the SHC back in '14 and '15 when I lived in the 'rado. Thanks.

Where are you at?

I'm looking for more of an adventure race type shooting event, UKD targets, lots of movement or urban. Guardian had a match at GTI a couple years back but I couldn't go. Was hoping they'd do it again. Looked amazing.

The Steel Safari stuff by CD looks fun, but NM is too far.

Team sniper style matches would be fun, but I don't know where to look. I know there are a lot of non prs affiliated matches, but no real centralized spot to find them. I'm not much of a socialmedialite. 😀

Travel is easy. If CD type matches are what you’re after, make plans to go and you’ll be happy.

I think there are several Vortex team sniper matches if I am not mistaken. One in NC at Coleman's Creek.

Reactions: earthquake
    Last edited:
    Reactions: Tx_Aggie

Outside of rimfire PRS and NRL, you're shit out of luck unless you want to drive hours on end.

You said you don't want to do PRS, so maybe USPSA is what you need to try. Tons of matches in all corners of the state, some with some serious heat.

I think there are several Vortex team sniper matches if I am not mistaken. One in NC at Coleman's Creek.
    Not this year. Not sure if they are on a hiatus or just completely done. Coleman's Creek has a pretty awesome team sniper match in December

Not this year. Not sure if they are on a hiatus or just completely done. Coleman's Creek has a pretty awesome team sniper match in December
    Yeah I wish they would have another one. The one at Coleman was a blast. The weather threw a hiccup in the stages early on. But the match itself was well ran

Coleman’s Creek is the real deal here in the east. Ran smooth, no BS, and SUPER challenging. Find em, range em, engage em!

Reactions: Tx_Aggie