• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2023 Remington 700

Gogga

Private
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2022
Sunny England
I couldn't see anything on the new R700's. I also can't find much in the way of reviews but thought they looked interesting with the new faster twist rates e.g. 1 in 8 for 7RM and the Timney Triggers. It would be nice if they've upped their game, has anyone seen one in the flesh yet? Unsurprisingly I already own a Tikka ;) but I'm looking around for a factory rifle in 7 PRC, not in a rush given the lack of brass etc.

I’m a total noob to the precision game and this community.

I just took a weekend precision course recently with my poor build. I bought a new R700 in 308 with the basic magpul chassis. Has the 5r rifling and threaded barrel. The stock trigger isn’t bad and it’s adjustable. It’s like riding a bull with recoil so I have to put a brake on it and get some weights.

I got hits out to 925yds on first day. Overall I like it and am not getting rid of it. Wish I would’ve bought 6.5 after being in class and getting more exposure in the sport

I’m a total noob to the precision game and this community.

I just took a weekend precision course recently with my poor build. I bought a new R700 in 308 with the basic magpul chassis. Has the 5r rifling and threaded barrel. The stock trigger isn’t bad and it’s adjustable. It’s like riding a bull with recoil so I have to put a brake on it and get some weights.

I got hits out to 925yds on first day. Overall I like it and am not getting rid of it. Wish I would’ve bought 6.5 after being in class and getting more exposure in the sport
I've started with .308, it was a great price, and as it turns out it's a good cartridge to learn on. I'll rebarrel to something else later on. I did read the new Remington 700 Timney triggers aren't adjustable (Remington website).

Reactions: EP216