• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2023 ultimate reloading bench

LongRange888

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 6, 2017
    New York
    Build me the ultimate reloading bench for precision rifle. No cost factor. Buy once cry once. Every component for load development and reloading. What do the highly experienced here have to offer. Will currently be loading 6gt. I have sac modular dies so far.

1. Amp case annealer with amp mate. 2. Primal rights primer seater with prime where 3 Henderson case trimmer. How is amp press vs area419.

Reactions: tsu45 and tnc
    Just the bench itself as in 2x4s and plywood or all the stuff that sits on the bench? press and other equipment?

Zero press
    Amp annealer with amp mate
    Amp press
    V4 auto throw
    Henderson or Idod
    Primal Rights seater

Reactions: LongRange888
    Just the bench itself as in 2x4s and plywood or all the stuff that sits on the bench? press and other equipment?

Zero press
    Amp annealer with amp mate
    Amp press
    V4 auto throw
    Henderson or Idod
    Primal Rights seater
    Lol I was actually thinking of starting with a 3 inch thick black walnut slab 30 inch by 9 ft supported by a fully custom welded support structure

1. Amp case annealer with amp mate. 2. Primal rights primer seater with prime where 3 Henderson gen3 case trimmer. 4. V4autotrickler. 5. A&D fx120i scale. I have not looked into amp press yet. Seems state of the art and in its own class.

Lol I was actually thinking of starting with a 3 inch thick black walnut slab...
    While other people may have different views...

IMHO something light coloured eg, birch (or maple, etc) is probably best.

In my experience, the decision criteria should be in relation to contrast potential ...
    with the medium gray granules of powder you will likely drop on it...:ROFLMAO:

1. Amp case annealer with amp mate. 2. Primal rights primer seater with prime where 3 Henderson case trimmer. How is amp press vs area419.
    Amp press you see the pressure of bullet seating. Amp press is great but honestly I can achieve the same goal with amp
    Press or co ax. I can afford 419 but just see no justification spend that on hunk of aluminum.

have a hard time believing there is only one perfect bench that would fit every want and desire of everyone all the time what i like is not what you might like and like the song says it takes different strokes to move the world . But only through your planning can you find a balance that makes you happy . ( I thought that was very zen for me I have to try mantra's next .)

have a hard time believing there is only one perfect bench that would fit every want and desire of everyone all the time what i like is not what you might like and like the song says it takes different strokes to move the world . But only through your planning can you find a balance that makes you happy . ( I thought that was very zen for me I have to try mantra's next .)
    Yeah, I don't think the phrase "buy once cry once" applies to reloading. :LOL:

Giraud after so many cases hand hurt lol. Plus the Henderson is much faster and doesn’t need so many different heads to swap.
    I use nitrile dipped cotton gloves and my fingers and hands don’t hurt after the giraud, they’ve made it pleasant to use (and a pair should be included with the trimmer since they are like a buck a piece only)

I’m curious how it’s faster though?
    When I’m pulling one case out with my right hand I’m putting another in with my left. It’s literally trimming basically 100% of the time, the Henderson requires one hand to twist the handle and the other to handle the case… what am I missing about the speed potential? Or do you mean compared to the giraud one handed?

I guess you can be filling your no trimming hand while the other works the machine handle so I suppose it’s going 100% of the time as well.

Yeah, I don't think the phrase "buy once cry once" applies to reloading. :LOL:

Not around here, that's for certain. Look at the Giraud owners in this thread wondering when their expensive trimmer became poverty grade. As soon as some company comes along with a trimmer that costs $5 more than Henderson, the members here will start posting how shitty that shinny red trimmer is and that you need to upgrade. Did you just drop $950 on an AT six months ago? It sucks you're so poor and had to buy junk because the new new Super Trickler is $1475. More like "buy once, cry once...every other month".

I'd rather spend my money on Black Walnut slabs and welded bases than cutting edge technology. The fixtures and furniture will still be around in a couple of years when the technology is long since in the landfill.

Not around here, that's for certain. Look at the Giraud owners in this thread wondering when their expensive trimmer became poverty grade. As soon as some company comes along with a trimmer that costs $5 more than Henderson, the members here will start posting how shitty that shinny red trimmer is and that you need to upgrade. Did you just drop $950 on an AT six months ago? It sucks you're so poor and had to buy junk because the new new Super Trickler is $1475. More like "buy once, cry once...every other month".

I'd rather spend my money on Black Walnut slabs and welded bases than cutting edge technology. The fixtures and furniture will still be around in a couple of years when the technology is long since in the landfill.
    Well, since being a Luddite is in your genetic makeup you would do well with a refurbished Ohaus scale. Not only is it old school cool but when they are calibrated they are accurate as hell.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Herb Stoner

My god is that not the truth. Technology and progression is awesome but man is it costly and exhausting.

I’m a tool and quality freak and the numbers get up there quick with some of this top tier stuff which is fine but one trend I’m noticing that your paying for is mass production which is not something I really need. Maybe that’s right now and things change with more competition involvement.

I think the case for a lot of people moving to the Henderson trimmer is because Giraud has a longer backorder. I tried to buy a Giraud last year and he was 4-5 months out. I would like to have bought one, since Doug is local to me.

Buying all the top of line equipment isn't going to make better ammo, it's just going to make your wallet lighter. Buying a 1000+ press and getting a powder dispenser that can drop to the .02 gr isn't going to make better ammo.

Reactions: secondofangle2
    I’m a tool and quality freak and the numbers get up there quick with some of this top tier stuff which is fine but one trend I’m noticing that your paying for is mass production which is not something I really need. Maybe that’s right now and things change with more competition involvement.
    All these recommended tools are the best at what they do. They just happen to be able to scale up for mass production.

Last edited:
    All these recommended tools are the best as what they do. They just happen to be able to scale up for mass production.

What's your budget? What do you have now? What space do you have available? What does the space look like? Cost is always a factor, if it wasn't you'd buy an ammunition manufacturing plant.

What's your budget? What do you have now? What space do you have available? What does the space look like? Cost is always a factor, if it wasn't you'd buy an ammunition manufacturing plant.
    I'm not OP, I'm all set.
    OP requested advice on money no object reloading room, SH community responded, it seems OP is now balking at prices. I just said, these tools are the best at what they do, they just happen to be able to scale up.

Build me the ultimate reloading bench for precision rifle. No cost factor. Buy once cry once. Every component for load development and reloading. What do the highly experienced here have to offer. Will currently be loading 6gt. I have sac modular dies so far.
    The ultimate reloading bench is a bench that wraps around a room entirely devoted to reloading, with a comfortable chair that you can also lounge in. The components themselves will come and go as time goes on.

I'm not OP, I'm all set.
    OP requested advice on money no object reloading room, SH community responded, it seems OP is now balking at prices. I just said, these tools are the best at what they do, they just happen to be able to scale up.
    Not entirely my man. I have all week to produce 100-200 rifle rounds so that would break down to buying and amp annealer but not the amp mate. I can buy the Henderson trimmer but not the motor assembly. At the same time it’s very cool that I have these module options to add those extras in the future if need. This post also was intended to be informed about tools I am unaware of that that are either nice to have, must have like the simple Forster neck tension gauge tool that I just realized existed as well as people with experience that may have used a few of a particular tool. I’m a mechanic with a 240,000 dollar toolbox not including shop equipment. I ain’t afraid to buy quality tools. But if I truly don’t need a mass production feature I feel that is acceptable

Reactions: impactaddict
    I do appreciate the hides experience I know there are some top notch people here and I’ve already been able to start culminating a quality list

I'm not OP, I'm all set.

I quoted the wrong response.

Not entirely my man. I have all week to produce 100-200 rifle rounds so that would break down to buying and amp annealer but not the amp mate. I can buy the Henderson trimmer but not the motor assembly. At the same time it’s very cool that I have these module options to add those extras in the future if need. This post also was intended to be informed about tools I am unaware of that that are either nice to have, must have like the simple Forster neck tension gauge tool that I just realized existed as well as people with experience that may have used a few of a particular tool. I’m a mechanic with a 240,000 dollar toolbox not including shop equipment. I ain’t afraid to buy quality tools. But if I truly don’t need a mass production feature I feel that is acceptable

fyi, regarding the forster tool you can buy individual go/No-go pin guages that have a higher resolution for the fraction of cost.

Vermont Gage - 111426250 Steel No-Go Plug Gage, Tolerance Class ZZ, 0.2625" Gage Diameter https://a.co/d/9JyWnm4

fyi, regarding the forster tool you can buy individual go/No-go pin guages that have a higher resolution for the fraction of cost.

Vermont Gage - 111426250 Steel No-Go Plug Gage, Tolerance Class ZZ, 0.2625" Gage Diameter https://a.co/d/9JyWnm4
    Awesome thank you man. There’s a lot of cool stuff in a machinists world.

I quoted the wrong response.
    I suppose I’m after building an order sheet of top tier, class equipment and products like for instance area 419 produces for example. Yes cost is always a factor but I don’t need to order every component today. Add as needed and check off the list

Expensive since you have to get the comparator to match the cases and caliber you are loading, but worth it since it's dead nuts repeatable everytime.
    Agree but I am focused on one caliber currently and when the mass is done and I add a caliber in the future I can add necessary components

A comfortable shop chair and good speakers for some music. Maybe a flame retardant cabinet for powder…. Just to look more legit

If your load depends on .02/kernel accuracy then you have the wrong load.

Every commercially available reloading scale is capable of .02gr resolution, whether it is displayed or not. The benefit of higher end systems, like the AT, is not the resolution.

I’d go buy all the components you can buy first then worry about everything else

Just hand me your Credit card number over the phone and I’ll take care of business. Of course there is a slight fee for my knowledge 🤣😂

Guess I missed where you stated what you are loading for - hunting, PRS, ELR, etc. You stated that money was no object and you didnt need mass production. If you're plinking, no issues with slower processes. If youre shooting PRS type comps, a 2 day match requires ~300 rds. Thats a lot of work every week to maintain the QC needed. Things like the Henderson, AutoTrickler, etc reduce the time needed to produce that quality. You say you have enough time each week, but its a grind - especially if you have family commitments too.

I pay for QUALITY and SPEED so I can spend more time shooting - not loading.

The ultimate reloading bench must start with the ultimate table, and IMHO that's a super thick and heavy butcher block table.

Your Countertop Summary​

• Species: White Oak
    • Grain Style: Edge
    • Edge Style: Eased
    • Finish: Mineral Oil
    • Hand Scraped: No
    • Length: 172.00
    • Width: 84.00
    • Thickness: 2.00

Your price: $14827.83​

Includes FREE SHIPPING

This is what used. I bout mine at Home Depot and didn't pay anywhere near that for White oak tops. I have 2 tops and im in it for a little over $500. They have gone up a bit but not that much.

aa.jpg

it's funny how american reloader buys all this new high-tech electronic stuff, but he doesnt know how to operate with it and hasnt got a clue why there is a graph for amp press, because he is so retarded... 🤣

• Wow
    Reactions: Balor