• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2024 Updated List on Billet Receiver Set Manufacturers

LRRPF52

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2012
SLC, Utah
I noticed that some of my favorites have been bought up and are no longer available, so I thought it might be helpful to start a thread about the current companies making nice billet sets.

I’ll just start it off and update it as people chime in so it might be of help to newcomers and old hands alike.

ADM
Angstadt Arms
APF
ARJ Defense
Battle Arms Development
Blackout Defense
Bootleg
Bowden
Centurion
Christensen Arms
CMMG
CMT
Cobalt Kinetics
Dark Hour Defense
Fortis
Franklin Armory
Grey Ghost Precision
Hodge Defense Systems
JL
JP Enterprises
KAC
KE Arms
LanTac
LaRue Tactical
LMT
LWRC
Mega Machine
MSTN
Nemo
New Frontier Arms
Noveske Rifleworks
Odin Works
POF
Precision Firearms
PSA
PWS
Q
Quentin Defense
Radian Weapons
San Tan Tactical
Seekins Precision
Sharps Bros
Shield Arms
SilencerCo
SLR Rifleworks
SOLGW
Spike’s Tactical
Vltor
V Seven
Wilson Combat
WMD Guns
YHM
Zev

Last edited:
That list includes some I was unaware of.
Yeah, I didn’t realize how many billet receiver manufacturers there are until I started searching.

As I go down that list, I realize I have a rifle, receivers, or bolt carriers (Bootleg) from 14 of those companies.

Reactions: Shoreglide
I suspect at some point in time ICON will start making them given the owners history.

Reactions: 346ci
I suspect at some point in time ICON will start making them given the owners history.

Yeah, they're slated to come out with a fully ambi lower shortly.

Reactions: Ernest 5.56
Who is the company with the conical fitment barrel nut and EDM wire-cut seams, really nice receivers and handguards with tight fitment?

There’s also another company that recently tackled a wish list from JSCOC, saying that JSOC didn’t feel like other companies were listening to them and kept offering things to them that ignored what they were specifically asking for.

Reactions: Pomyluy
There’s also another company that recently tackled a wish list from JSCOC, saying that JSOC didn’t feel like other companies were listening to them and kept offering things to them that ignored what they were specifically asking for.

This sounds like X2 development group but they don't sell receivers at the moment.

I’d like a companion list of billet ambi lowers… so many nice lowers these days!

I’d like a companion list of billet ambi lowers… so many nice lowers these days!
It really needs a spreadsheet with all the columns indicating material, features, special requirements for handguard interface, FA, weights, etc. That would be a funded project due to the complexity and time required, unless you built a bot crawler with algorithms to search all the relevant metrics and populate them into excel.

San Tan Tactical just isn't the same quality since it was moved from Phoenix to Ft. Worth.
That's a bummer, I'm really impressed with the fitment on the sets I bought before the move. Glad I got them when I did...

Great list. I'm looking for a billet lower that's not $$$ to go with my Lantac straight-pull upper. I do like that some (if not most) of them have the threaded bolt catch and detent pin holes. Anyone know for sure which ones DO? I'm looking hard at Seekins, San Tan, and Spartan. Any to avoid?

Don’t get the infatuation with billet. Heavier and generally doesn’t do anything better, unless you plan on running it over with a CAT 5D.

And yea, I have various billets from Noveske and Seekins — just not seeing the allure.

Thanks Wes. I was hoping you'd chime in. Any experience with CMT, New Frontier, or ADM? I know Seekins has a great rep, but their styling isn't really my thing. I def want something 7075 and anodized. I like the threaded bolt catch and takedown holes as well.

Vltor and lwrci have always been my go to options

Vltor for the uppers - they have the best uppers imo

Lwrci for the lowers best true ambi option on the market imo

Don’t get the infatuation with billet. Heavier and generally doesn’t do anything better, unless you plan on running it over with a CAT 5D.

And yea, I have various billets from Noveske and Seekins — just not seeing the allure.
I think the biggest thing is features that just don’t exist on standard forged receiver sets, starting with funneled mag wells.

I’ve done all I could to funnel mag wells on forged lowers, but there’s a limit based on the mouth wall thickness obviously.

The other thing is being able to control fit and feel with the upper and lower with different aesthetics, hollowing out the brass deflector, incorporating ambi controls, and especially upper receiver-to-handguard blending. I really dislike the abrupt cut-off between the upper and most handguards.

What’s that company that has lowers where you can change the magazine well with different funnels, higher mouths, things like that?

Not MGI with the modular mag well for different types of mags, but the billet one with the ability to change the mag well shape options.

Add KE Arms to the list.
I think the biggest thing is features that just don’t exist on standard forged receiver sets, starting with funneled mag wells.

I’ve done all I could to funnel mag wells on forged lowers, but there’s a limit based on the mouth wall thickness obviously.

The other thing is being able to control fit and feel with the upper and lower with different aesthetics, hollowing out the brass deflector, incorporating ambi controls, and especially upper receiver-to-handguard blending. I really dislike the abrupt cut-off between the upper and most handguards.
How big of a funnel do you need? Griffin and Aero both offer forged lowers with funneled mag wells.
What’s that company that has lowers where you can change the magazine well with different funnels, higher mouths, things like that?

Not MGI with the modular mag well for different types of mags, but the billet one with the ability to change the mag well shape options.
Lancer? Doesn't seem to be available stripped any more.

Reactions: LRRPF52
Anywho,
Here's my shortlist of contenders...

San Tan
New Frontier (from what I understand they make a LOT for other sellers)
Mega/Zev
ADM UIC (I'd be looking at a blem model)
Seekins (their styling looks a little dated to me though)
Andro (which look a LOT like San Tan)
CMT
Silencerco

In the forged camp I'm also looking at
Sharps Livewire
Aero M4E1
Griffin Mk2

Lancer

Reactions: LRRPF52
would you like a rainbow lower? :LOL:
1711069504676.jpeg

Reactions: ZA206