• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

204 Ruger Barrel Selection?

Jaytrigger

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 6, 2011
Fort Gordon GA
Really looking to build a 204 ruger here soon and pricing things out.

Who makes a really good barrel and bolt matched?

I seen Wilson combat has a nice one at 18" and Im thinking that is what I will pick up.

Anyone have any experience with this suped up 22?

I have a 22" JP barrel for my 204. Shoots great and has good velocity. Hornady Superformance 40gr is close to 3800fps at the muzzle and my hand loads are just over 3700fps with Berger 40gr bullets but I think I can get more out of it. Speed is king with the 204 and I don't think I would go under 20". I don't find the 22" barrel all that long when carrying the rifle.

I have a Wilson Combat barrel in my new build, it is a .300 BLK rather than a .204 but the barrel quality is superb. Even the .300 BLK holds 3/4 MOA. Can't go wrong with Wilson Combat and customer service is fantastic!

I have a bolt action ruger in 204 and its a 26in bbl. I havent chronoed it but I bet its hitting 4k. My dad shot a antelope at like 457 yards with a 204. yup thats why my dad loves it.