• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

208 amax

Re: 208 amax

Use 210gr load data, they're not particulary seating depth sensitive like a VLD, but they do benefit from some development.

I shoot them from my 30-06 with RL22, they do very well at long range.

Bohem,

Would you say they prefer jump like the SMK as appose to jam like the VLD?

thanks
Shaun

I have a friend that shoots 210 JLK's out of his WSM and he jams them. Shoots very impressive groups at 1000 yds. He bought 208's and tried to plug them into his 210 load data. Let's just say I got to buy some 208's cheap.
grin.gif
I guess they're different enough.

They did not like being loaded to mag length in my Tikka 300WM (about a .180 jump). Loaded to .010 off the lands they shoot VERY well and are my go to LR round.

John

Thanks for the info guys....I will try some at 10 and 15 off the lands and see what happens.

I've been shooting them out of my 30-338 Win Mag for over a year now and I've found that seating them right on the lands has given me the best results. I've tried seating them in to the lands as well as backing off ranging from .005"-.025" and found no advantage or gain in accuracy.
Velocity is right at 2980 fps with 69 gr of R22 with no pressure issues and great accuracy.