• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

208gr AMAX and 300win

cypriss32

L337
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 27, 2004
Fresno, Ca
Im about ready to build a 300win mag and am wondering what the COAL with 208s is so I can cut my chamber for that. I will be using AICS mags.

Re: 208gr AMAX and 300win

I run 3.5 in mine. They fit just fine in the AICS mag. Next time you go to Angeles let me know and I'll take my 300. I asked you about the Remington you got from Randy last Sunday.

You had those A4's right? Man you should of said who you were..... I had ALOT of people talking to me that day. I go very LITTLE shooting done. They my benches jacked so rudely.

Anyone have a round to donate to send with my Barrel and action off to RWS.

3.340 COAL.......

Adam,

I can send you a dummy round with the 208 A-max in a 300WM Winchester case, if you want. I run a COAL of 3.620" in my TRG. This puts me right on the lands. (But, I also had about .030 of throat erosion at this distance from when the rifle was new). At book length, the bullet will set pretty deep in the case. But, you can cut a custom length to chamber. Shoot me a PM and let me know.

Chad

My AICS mags measure 3.65 internal
I load to 3.620, 5 off the lans.