• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

20moa rail and 20moa mount

ralfabco

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2009
Houston, Texas
I purchased equipment without thinking about this. I have not had time to mount the scopes and mounts to the rifle and go out and shoot it. It is all brand new. Scope 5-25x56 S&B PMII and 5-20x50 Ultra Short PMII. ERA-TAC 20moa mounts. The mounts are NIB. The mount for the big S&B scope, is built to sit as low as possible, with the PMII. The mount for the illuminated Ultra Short sits higher. Of course, if it is all but useless, I can sell the mounts and purchase the same mounts without the elevation. Can you zero with a .338 LM and .308/6.5 Cred and not bottom out with the 20moa rail and mounts ?

Well, I have a Savage 110BA Stealth in 338LM which has a 40MOA steel rail mounted to the receiver (kinda left-handed gift from a friend, the rail,not the gun) with a Vortex HST 6-24x50 scope mounted in Vortex Precision Matched 30mm rings 1.26" tall. Scope specs say 65MOA total adjustment in elevation. At 100 yds, the scope is 3 clicks off hard bottom for zero, and it is very repeatable. IIRC the gun came with a 20MOA rail from the factory. I realize that NONE of this setup is 'high dollar' but a country boy sometimes does what he has to do. Goes bang, kicks like a mule, puts rounds where I want them 600 yds downrange on steel. Maybe I just got lucky, YMMV.

Reactions: Vodoun daVinci
You’ll be fine, I have the same setup on my 6.5 cm AI. S&b pmii d/t 5-25 in 20 moa mount and 20 moa rail on rifle. 40 moa is perfect, you’ll get all of your scopes elevation travel.

I just did the very same thing bought a sphur 20 now mount on my ai at 20 moa base. Got a hundred yard zero with about three miles to spare on my Schmidt. Turned out perfect and I get more elevation than I’ll ever need.