• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report 210 SMK & Varget?

Re: 210 SMK & Varget?

I'd be nervous about trying that too... j/k

It's a bit fast for that bullet weight. Will probably give good accuracy, but driving the heavy pills slowly kind of defeats the purpose. Get yourself some RL-17 and you will be happy.

Had a friend of mine run H44350 and 210's thru quickload, and came to the conclusion that case capacity is still to limited for this use. ie compressed charges even with a 3.100 oal and still not near the speed you would get from RL17.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ffl medic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Had a friend of mine run H44350 and 210's thru quickload, and came to the conclusion that case capacity is still to limited for this use. ie compressed charges even with a 3.100 oal and still not near the speed you would get from RL17. </div></div>

That doesnt make much sense. When i have had a chance to try the rl-17 using the same charge as the 4350 i got 20-30 FPS slower.

Quickload is just computer estimation. I never tried H4350 based on that. Shame on me. It seemed like it should work out well.
Glad to hear it did for you. What were the loads you were shooting? I have the RL 17 and have not used it yet either. I'd rather use the H4350 based on the fact that I have shot it in my .243 lots and have had little to no temp deviations.