• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

210M Primers $138 per Thousand - Lowlife Central

JSTARSZ

Lefty's Rule
Minuteman
  • Feb 6, 2008
    Wolftown
    I was just at the Nations Gun show in Chantilly Virginia. I should know I would get disgusted but a friend wanted to go so I went. There was a guy there "trying to sell" 1000 Federal 210M Primers for a $138.00 a box (1000 Primers). This was way up and above the normal stupid things I see at shows so I had to stop and say, where did you come up with that price as he told me that he sees them on Gun Broker for that price. I said does that make you happy to gouge your fellow gun guys; he just laughed and said people pay that sometimes. I walked away because someone like that doesn’t deserve me getting pissed off about – he isn’t worth the words.

Gun Shows = Low Life Central

Re: 210M Primers $138 per Thousand - Lowlife Central

I guess capitalism only applies when people are selling goods and services that you don't want to buy.

You need to take an economics class if you don't understand that people's willingness and ability to pay determines "market value" and that price is north of $100 per thousand right now because there is a shortage of primers.

I paid $120 for 1000 9mm bullets last week. Did the guy gouge me? I don't think so. If his price was the normal $80, he probably would be cleaned out and I wouldn't have been able to buy any.

I was stay in line at the local gun show this morning for about 40 minutes and the line was pretty long when I get there. I always go see my regular reloading guy,but today he's not even show up. I feel like a lost puppy when I walk in there and the guy not even there after 10 or so years.

I found a new dealer at the corner that sell reloading stuff and he has only 3 cases of small and large Federal primer for sale. I got 2k of small pistol and 2k of large pistol for $27.00/1K. I was the first customer for this guy and I should has bought all six cases,but all I need is 2k of each.

I still got 3K of 210M that I bought last year for $32.00/1K and hasn't use it yet( I use BR-2),but for $138.00 per 1K is raping. I know somebody will buy it because it's a magic primer that make you shoot better than normal...lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess capitalism only applies when people are selling goods and services that you don't want to buy.

You need to take an economics class if you don't understand that people's willingness and ability to pay determines "market value" and that price is north of $100 per thousand right now because there is a shortage of primers.

I paid $120 for 1000 9mm bullets last week. Did the guy gouge me? I don't think so. If his price was the normal $80, he probably would be cleaned out and I wouldn't have been able to buy any.</div></div>

ah yes, Macro Economics - Supply and Demand, you demand it so they will price it to fit the markets elasticity of scale. And, you are willing to pay that money because you need it at that moment in time. I have taken more then my share of economics classes in my life time. I just am patient and find the deals when I can. They are there; you just can’t have them when you want them.

I guess you would have had to been there because the individual selling them at this price also had the personality to go with it. He was laughing at selling at that price – giddy I guess. Like I said, if people are paying that price more power to them. I choose not to support people like that at gun shows.

I am at the point now where I won’t go to gun shows anymore and choose to buy stuff online when I see it available.

I quit gunshows years ago. I agree, something is worth as much as someone is willing to pay. Shooters paying these prices are as much to blame as the sellers. Adding to the problem is folks buying everything in stock and reselling. I found a place with SRs in stock, but orders are limited to 1K. I'm not paying HAZMAT and S&H on a single box. I'm on backorder at two places. As long as they arrive in the next 18 - 24 months, I'm good. Since the great shortage some years back I try to keep a decent supply on hand.

Anyone who pays 138 for 1k of primers is an idiot. I totally understand supply and demand. The part I realize is if stupid people keep driving the price up it will continue to rise. No, I will just backorder and wait for a fair price. Got enough to last for awhile.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: .257</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone who pays 138 for 1k of primers is an idiot. </div></div>

No smarter words were ever written...

Damn, that means I GAVE away 138 bucks last week.

When the supply finaly catches up with the demand there are going to be a lot of folks with a lot of primers/powder/ARs they are looking to unload.

It'll be like beanie babies all over again but this time they'll actually fit in at the gun show!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: .257</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone who pays 138 for 1k of primers is an idiot. </div></div>

No smarter words were ever written... </div></div>

Hey I'm new to this, what is a reasonable price for 1k of Fed 210M primers?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: .257</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone who pays 138 for 1k of primers is an idiot. </div></div>

No smarter words were ever written... </div></div>

Hey I'm new to this, what is a reasonable price for 1k of Fed 210M primers?

</div></div>

I have been paying $23-$34 depending on the primer. Federal Gold Medal Match has been the highest.