• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

shadow_sniper

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2007
jacksonville, FL
Everybody seems to post their "OMG I want to be a sniper!!!!!1!!111!" topic here. So I thought I might post my dream job here. I want to become one but I have heard the school is really hard to get into. I know there are some requirment but I am not 100% sure what they are. I think they are you have to a 2111, E-4 or higher, and atlaest 3 year left on your contracted. O and I also like to learn what all does 2112 do? I know that they make precision weapons for snipers but also for the Marine Corps shooting teams, but what else do they do?

Re: 2112?

I've been in the Marine Corps for almost 3 years now. Two of which have been in a STA Platoon. I've been a HOG for almost a year now. I've only met ONE 2112. They're pretty damn rare hahaha. Damn cool guy though. He knew his shit like a motherfucker. If that's what you wanna do, I say go for it.

"another one bites the dust...and another one gone, and another one gone, another one bites the dust..."

When I was in STA (80's-90's) I swear the First shirt believed it to stand for "Strike Tents Again" and "Sanitary Trash Assault" Oh those were the days. Hell we did not like to call ourselves STA back then as we were afraid they would make use take those damn ground radars out and listen to white noise all night long. The NOD on the other hand (even though it was half the size of a Marine) was a good piece of kit in the defense. Forty-one a sharp eye for detail as always, Take care.

Jenks OUT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forty-One</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Funny. STA has not been used since the 90's. </div></div>

Our 1st Sgt refers to our Platoon as STA, so we've just all started saying it. He went through Stone Bay back in 94. I appoligize... I meant to say Scout/Sniper Platoon.

Yeah. I keep telling people that about the Corps. This is a good site. People will look out for you. When they do not, I will attack them. YOU, are the kind of man this website should support. Keep up the good work, and GOD Bless You, brother.

Semper Fi.

Don't believe a thing Forty-One tells you, he's a 14 year old kid who surfs the net is his moms basement, I'm sure of it!!

However, he does have this super cool trailer with shooting ports, so I'm jealous of him anyway!

Oh...and don't bring up circus trains or clowns, it makes him go crazy mad!!

laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't believe a thing Forty-One tells you, he's a 14 year old kid who surfs the net is his moms basement, I'm sure of it!!

Oh...and don't bring up circus trains or clowns, it makes him go crazy mad!!

laugh.gif
</div></div>

LOL.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forty-One</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah. I keep telling people that about the Corps. This is a good site. People will look out for you. When they do not, I will attack them. YOU, are the kind of man this website should support. Keep up the good work, and GOD Bless You, brother.

Semper Fi. </div></div>

Thank you sir, I appreciate that. I like this site a lot... learn something new almost every time I log on!

Semper Fi.

I have gotten incontact with a currrent 2112 thanks to a great person here. 2112 are rare. only 60 at max and not all of the billets are filled right now though. and sweet trailer 41

I owned a Bail Bonds Company for 12 years and right before I sold the Business, I had some 19 year old kid come in wanting a job, actually had the balls to put down 2112 on his application,I didn't know whether to laugh or jerk the little shit up and smack the hell out of him. Turned out his ass never even made it to Basic.....

CM. If I can help, I will.

The same for you invictus, but I need to remind you that despite the fact that this is the internet, my rules of life apply and your hearing of them called STA once in awhile amazes me being that you are recently a 2ndLT not yet checked into TBS with no MOS and no experience of any kind in the operational forces.

You may be an adjutant in 6 months or a supply officer. I seriously hope that you continue to post here and to continue to make knives and to shoot, competitively or othewise, but there will always be a Marine present to remind you of where you are and what you are doing. The amazing thing is that if you are infantry you will not have time to post. Rest assured, if that occurs I will send you care packages. You'll be the leader either way. I miss that.

me being a 2ndLt having no MOS yet has no bearing on the people I know or the conversations I have had. I didn't claim to give the final word or be in the "know", just putting in my 2 cents.

You got love knowing a 2112. Talk about being able to learn a skill on the military's dime and then be able to goto work for a company or open your own.