• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

21st Century Concentricity Gauge wheel alternatives

viva la figa

Private
Minuteman
May 22, 2017
One of the members here has very kindly and graciously given me a 21st concentricity gauge like this one. I want to spend what little money I have on the dial indicator as I believe that will net the best results. I would love to have the wheel for this system but at $65 plus $15 shipping from 21st Century.....$80 for a wheel is a bit too much for my pocketbook right now.

What methods do you guys use to roll the brass without introducing errors?

1574233538108.png

Does anyone have a DIY build for a wheel or similar?

I use a Sinclair Concentricity Gauge without a any wheel. I use my fingers and it works just fine. The wheel makes things a little easier and a little faster, but using your finger you can get accurate readings just fine.

I would get a little piece of wood, 6” long and maybe half an inche wide, stretch a rubber band around it long ways and you now have a messed up violin bow... or a lovely little wand to roll the cases with in one smooth board instead of your lumpy fingers.