• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

21st Century Neck Turning Lathe

I have one, it's ok. It has some built in give, not sure why. I'd think any of them secured in a vise would work, with quick chuck. K&M makes nice stuff too, and if you're going to inside turn, that's what brand you'll end up buying for the 21st setup.

You're welcome to try it, I have 6.5 and 7mm setups, 30 deg shoulder cutters, but they will cut anything, just stop short.

Last edited:
I use their lathe. I find there to be a tad too much backlash when adjusting the cutter. Once you get it set, it's fine but, if you need to back the tool off, it's a royal PITA to get exactly where it needs to be.

Neck turning in of itself a PITA but the lathe speeds up the process significantly reduces the time. It does have a little wobble to it but so does holding the cutter with your hand. I use Sinclair Carbide mandrels in the cutter since they see to provide a more consistent cut.

IMO after 40 years of reloading, it's the best I have used. The looseness that was refer to , is by design , buy using to movable points , the cutter self aligns. John Perkins is one of the most inovative tool makers on the planet! I have his new hydraulic readout bullet sweaters and it's awsome. Also look at his primer pocket uniformed and his flash hole uniformed, top notch stuff! No I don't work for him, nor am I sponsored by 21st Century. JVON

If you're looking to neck turn it should be the best system out there.
There is some info on it around if you look.
The lathe setup speeds up the process, the shell holder system is very nice, it's a lot more comfortable to use for extended sessions then a hand held unit, the different angled cutter heads makes it much easier to make a correct cut into the shoulder, and it you can buy a arbor adaptor to use K&M arbors for inside neck turning.
The wobble everyone seems to be complaining about is there by design to make the case and cutter self align for concentric cuts.
It's supposed to work very well, i did some research on it before i bought it.

As to how well it all works I can not say from personal experience as mine has not yet arrived, left chicago international 11 days ago so soon expect, to be able to give you a report.
Bought every case prep/ reloading tool 21st sells, for my calibers, except for the new hydraulic seater press, witch is on my list.
I did some research beforehand and assume my 1800 is well spent, until i have hand on it.

Thanks all for the advice.

Why would one want to inside neck ream \ turn if turning the outside of the necks unless the neck thickness was excessive?

I do both I turn my necks for tight neck chambers and after a few firings I run a Wilson inside neck reamer thru my fired brass that's .00015 over sized of bullet diameter I'm using. This does 2 things it cuts out donut and it also cuts away any brass flow to inside necks making everything very consistent.

sent from RAZR Maxx HD using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks all for the advice.

Why would one want to inside neck ream \ turn if turning the outside of the necks unless the neck thickness was excessive?

The dreaded donut, it's both outside and inside, it can cause a mess.