• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.22 1911

Re: .22 1911

The Marvel .22 conversions work pretty well. I also have an original Colt conversion that I really like. I don't have first hand experience with the Kimber conversions, but I bet they would be decent.

I recently ordered one of the new Colt/Umarex .22's. Checked them out at SHOT last year and they seem decent. It'll be interesting to see how it runs.

There is at least one more complete gun out there, but I can't think of it now.

I have been shooting one of the GSG 1911 .22's for a year now. It is very accurate and cycles anything I put in it. Can't say that for the conversions I have had for glocks, sigs, and 1911's, all of the conversions I have had needed cci mini mags to cycle.

With money being no object, I'd go with a Rock Island frame with all the internals you want and then fit a Tactical Solutions upper to it. Runs all day and is tack driving accurate.

With a budget in mind, GSG 1911. You can swap out like 90% of the internals to improve the trigger and sights and such, and likely be money ahead. Mags are great quality although a little scarce.

Rich

If you are looking for a dedicated .22LR 1911, don't overlook the SIG. A range friend has one and we have shot the fool (700+ rds now) out of it with no failures. Downside of the SIG is $50 spare mags. FWIW, the guys at GT Distributors (police supply) swear by the GSG.

The "holy grail" would be a Colt ACE.

Kevin

The Colt/Umarex .22 1911 is FAR superior to the Sig/GSG model.

There are significant differences between the two, and the Colt/Umarex has had much better reviews.

Check Rimfirecentral.com for specifics.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSwift</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Colt/Umarex .22 1911 is FAR superior to the Sig/GSG model.

There are significant differences between the two, and the Colt/Umarex has had much better reviews.

Check Rimfirecentral.com for specifics. </div></div>

You do realize that the colt, gsg, and sig are all the same fucking gun right?

Literally, the only differences are skeletonized triggers, brand name, sights, *licensing*, *proprietary metals* and grips.

Its the exact same design internally. Colt really loves to preach that their barrel is *attached* at the factory, so its permanent, unlike sig/gsg which use a couple screws to hold the barrel in. I'd rather be able to pull the barrel and clean it.

The only thing i havent compared is magazines. I have a feeling colt would make their mags proprietary just to shit in everyones cereal.

And yes, i've gotten behind the colt, gsg, and sig. I've also got that half-assed review from RFC open in another tab.

(from another post on here)
I have a GSG (Sig branded), and almost 1500 rounds through it so far. (Closer to 2k now) Love it!

Changed the grips to some VZGrips, and also replaced a recoil spring guide rod that broke (known issue, $15 aftermarket part if you don't want to fiddle with warrenty) and tossed a wilson magwell on it. Also some CW Alum mag bases. Thing has seen all rounds shot subsonic.

6329642948_60dd7a2a1b_b.jpg

Onyx

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alderleet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Literally, the only differences are skeletonized triggers, brand name, sights, *licensing*, *proprietary metals* and grips.

Its the exact same design internally. Colt really loves to preach that their barrel is *attached* at the factory, so its permanent, unlike sig/gsg which use a couple screws to hold the barrel in. I'd rather be able to pull the barrel and clean it.
</div></div>

You do realize that you're completely fucking wrong and you even proved it in your post, right?

God, I hate fucking morons.

Just because they're both 1911s that shoot .22LR does not make them the same fucking gun dipshit. Just look at a picture of the two of them side by side. Like you said, the barrel setup is different. The slide cuts are different. The sights are different. The pins and assembly are different.

This is NOT a case of one factory making the same product and just marking it differently, they are OBVIOUSLY two distinct products.

2011-08-07220158.jpg

Did a search on the Colt / Walther / Umarex / etc 22 1911 rail gun and came up with this thread. I fondled one of these the other night, and am seriously thinking of adding one for pure enjoyment, as well as teaching my son to shoot a handgun other than the revolver I already have in 22lr, Besides with Christmas around the corner...

Has anyone tried to exchange the magwell? I know that the Colt 22 is supposed to utilize a true 1911 trigger and sear mechanism, but I use arched mainspring housings on all of my 1911's. Just wondering, not a deal breaker if it doesn't.

Love my GSG. Took out the mag safety, pinned the grip safety. Almost perfect now.It is QUIET with my SS sparrow and subs. There is a guy at rimfire central with almost 20k rounds through his btw.

New to SH (lurking to learn about scopes) and ran onto this thread. Was about to buy the GSG or Sig when I ran into the Rock Island XT22 and bought it. Put about 700 rounds through it in a couple of weeks and like it alot. 1911 frame and all steel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSwift</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alderleet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

You do realize that you're completely fucking wrong and you even proved it in your post, right?

God, I hate fucking morons.

Just because they're both 1911s that shoot .22LR does not make them the same fucking gun dipshit. Just look at a picture of the two of them side by side. Like you said, the barrel setup is different. The slide cuts are different. The sights are different. The pins and assembly are different.

This is NOT a case of one factory making the same product and just marking it differently, they are OBVIOUSLY two distinct products.

2011-08-07220158.jpg
</div></div>

I would not hold back anything WOW!

Haha get him Kswift. Simple mistake though there are alot of those guns that are just re badged. chiappa make a decent version. I bought mine before all the others made their way to the market. Can't say i would do it again having all the choices today.it is damn accurate though and customer service is top notch

That colt sure looks nice!