• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

22-250 AI

Bloody_Tailgate

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2008
Sioux Falls, SD
Hey guys, I have a custom 22-250 AI with a 24" 1-9" twist barrel on it. I have been shooting 60gr. Noslers out of it with great accuracy but I would like to try some heavier bullets. I have some 75gr A-Max lying around that I wouldn't mind trying but I can't find any load data for that heavy of a bullet. The powder I would like to use is H380 because that is what I use for my 60gr. loads and I have 9lbs of it sitting on my bench. My question is how much should I back off my charge to have a safe starting load? I know how to check for excessive pressure signs, I just don't know where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: 22-250 AI

Welcome to the hide. Start at top-end vanilla 22-250 loads and work up from there.

Also, the 22-250AI is roughly the same as 220 Swift capacity and you can use Swift data to get a handle on where you should start with a given powder/bullet.

I have a 22-250ai also with a 1 in 8 and I shoot the 75amax with either 39gr. H4350 or 34gr varget. neither load is showing any signs of pressure whatsoever. I havent used 380 but if I did I would start with max 22-250 +1 grain for my starting loads. my current loads are both 2+grains over max with no problems.