• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

22-250 VTR!!!!!

Longrangehuntersofalberta

Private
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2012
Canada
Just wondering if anyone has any hand load information for my rem 22-250 vtr ? I have tried Match grade bullets and a variety of powder weights but I just can't get those really tight groups? What you guys loading ? Seating depth ?

Re: 22-250 VTR!!!!!

Have you had someone else shoot them in your rifle?

What distance are you shooting at?

It could be the shooter.

Lol it's not me don't worry I can hold half Moa with my xcr 300 win mag, and yes I have had others shoot my rifle making 2 inch groups at 100 yards :$ I'm shooting it at 100 200 and 300 yards mostly.

I havent heard good feedback of the VTRs, but am out of the loop. Does that triangular bbl act screwy as it gets heated? looks like alot of stress on that BBL..

had one of these. I believe it has like a 1:14 twist. really sucked!Took me about 140 rounds or so to get a 1.5" group at 100 yrds. off a steadyrest. 50 gr. berger's cranked up was the best I got. 300yrds-3"group. I gave up and sold it.

Try 38.0 to 40.0 gr of H380 and a 52g SMK. Work up from the manual to the 40.0 gr chg and watch for pressure signs.

1:14 twist: 55gr spritzer or 53gr boat-tail max.

Plastic stock = usually a shotgun (and on some days for sure, they vary more than my wife's moods).