• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22 ammo sigtings in east GA and NW SC. Edit 07/06

donws2

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2008
Mountain Rest, South Carolina
Alright to help out the guys that can't find ammo and to be FAIR, only because I could not buy it all myself.

In Athens GA I found Win Dynapoints at the east side K-mart. 29.95 ouch, not for me but there it is. Franklins on the west side has about twenty types of 22 ammo and every damb one was way to high, go if you have to. I've not bought there sense Old Man Franklin Died. But you can try your luck with the son if you want.
In Winterville GA at Gary's gun shop (not the real name but that's how eary one knows the place) CCI blazer bricks at 18.95 ( I bought 4 bricks and he has four cases so I left plenty for the haters{if you don't get it devil dog will}), Eley Ten X 175.00 (red box) a brick, Fiocci Biathalon 107.00 a brick and 320 89.00 a brick. Stingers 59.00 a brick and a bunch of other loose stuff I'm not sure what was what for price.
In Anderson SC Grady's has Winchester 333 on sale for 14.99 a brick. White Jones has Federal Blue bulk box 25.00. Ouch agian but I did buy TWO bricks, he has a bunch more. White Jones had some other loose stuff to but not much. Up the street from White Jones at Carolina Pawn and Outdoors (? might be Outdoors and Pawn my second time there) more CCI ammo. Stingers 8.xx to much for me so I moved on. CCI Blazer 19.99 a brick and again I bought TWO more.
Wahalla SC The Gun Shop, that's the name, Has a bunch of 22's to. A little high for my taste but close by so I do buy there at times.
Oh, Carlton GA has a little gun shop with some Federal Auto Match at 18.99 a brick. I've not shot this stuff and a brick has only 325 rounds. I thought that might be high.
That's it for now. More to come as I find the missing ammo.

(updated 06/18/09)
As I stated above and to keep the great unwashed masses in the know I've found even more of the missing 22 ammo.

Westminister, SC at Barrets he has a little Federal Blue and white box bulk box 325 rounds in stock. 18.00 bucks.
Lavonia, GA at Guns and Gear has both Winchester 333 and American Eagle red box. Win 333 is 17.00 a box and AE is 25.00 a brick. Plenty of both.
Villa Ricca, GA Georgia Arms has a bunch of CCI and Aguila. All to high for me but you might be happy. They have Federal blue box Champion (I called this gold medal on another thread and was incorrect) 19.00 a brick and you can buy as many cases as you want. He has a warehouse full.
Oxford/Aniston, AL at the CMP South Store. They have houndreds if not thousands of cases of Aguila standard vel. in CMP white boxes. 190.00 a case. and Aguila Match (Gold Eagle) blue box which is not as good I think as the black box but you get what you can. It's 220.00 a case. No limits and it helps to support junior shooting programs.

So more of the non existant 22 ammo found in one day with out even breaking a sweat. And I'm a fat ass so I sweat easy. Go feed childern, feed and be happy. Donald

( another update 06/25 )

The gun shop in Winterville, GA now has the new RWS made Federal Match Gold ammo. 154.00 a brick. That's more than the same RWS R-50 I've seen so I did not buy any to try out.
The Williamston, SC Gun and Pawn shop on W. Main st. has Winchester Experts bulk box, CCI Stingers and Mini-mags. PLenty of all of these. There is a small amount of other stuff as well. I did not get a price on ammo because I was looking at a GAP 7mm WSM in an A2 stock and an Anshutz 54 Freestyle stocked rifle I believe it to be a 1417 model from 1971.

Another Update. 07-04-09
Went by Dick's sporting good's in Anderson, SC yesterday and found that they have Winchester Dynapoints GT (black Box) and American Eagle (Federal) in stock. GT's are 22.95 for a bulk pack and AE in the red 40 count was 2.95. Grady's Outdoors has about twenty types of 22 ammo also. Most likely because he's TO DAMN HIGH but he has it so there it is. When I find it you'll know it. Happy 4th. Donald

Update 07-06-09
The Malmart in Clemson, SC on Hwy 123 has CCI ammo in stock. They had some 17 HMR and HM2 also. Donald

Re: 22 ammo sigtings in east GA and NW SC.

is it illegal to smuggle .22 bricks north from the carolinas... or is that just cigarettes...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Don in SC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Alright to help out the guys that can't find ammo and to be FAIR, only because I could not buy it all myself.
</div></div>

grin.gif

I like Harrisburg. Spent alot of time at Indian Town training.
When the wind is right you could smell Hersey 20 miles away. Meet a bunch of great people. Hope things turn arround for you soon. Donald

Thank you Sir, for an excellent scouting report.

( another update 06/25 )

The gun shop in Winterville, GA now has the new RWS made Federal Match Gold ammo. 154.00 a brick. That's more than the same RWS R-50 I've seen so I did not buy any to try out.
The Williamston, SC Gun and Pawn shop on W. Main st. has Winchester Experts bulk box, CCI Stingers and Mini-mags. PLenty of all of these. There is a small amount of other stuff as well. I did not get a price on ammo because I was looking at a GAP 7mm WSM in an A2 stock and an Anshutz 54 Freestyle stocked rifle I believe it to be a 1417 model from 1971.