• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22 ARC buffer

rick539

Private
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2010
So jumping on the 22 ARC bandwagon. 18” barrel through Odin Works. Probably 8-10 weeks out. I know it’s early in the process, but any ideas on buffer system/weight. What i have seen so far in the literature (which is very sparse), should be similar to 6 ARC.

Last edited:
Reactions: 80sport
So jumping on the 22 ARC bandwagon. 18” barrel through Odin Works. Probably 8-10 weeks out. I know it’s early in the process, but any ideas on buffer system/weight. What i have seen so far in the literature (which is very sparse), should be similar to 6 ARC.

Gas it for carbine 3.2oz.

Can't you buy or assemble the rifle length buffer system of your choice?

Odin work’s recommendations using a standard carbine buffer. They said a H1 if running suppressed. If using a rifle length they say use a low mass buffer assy (3oz).

I just finished my load development on an Odin 21" barrel. Standard carbine buffer with adjustable gas block. Shooting suppressed. Just tune the block and you're good to go.

32.6gr of CFE223 under 69gr RMR hollow points. My 5 shot test was 5.3sd and .48" 3136fps.

The 32.4gr load was 5.7sd and .31" at 3106fps.

All were on once fired hornady 22arc brass. There was a noticeable difference in neck tension on the resized hornady 6.5grendel brass that I loaded up. I haven't had it back out to check the difference between the two types of brass. That'll happen Tuesday.

On your 21 inch barrel, what size handguard are you using. I just ordered a rainier arms 22” ultra match barrel. It has a rifle +1 gas system. Was going to go with an .875 Odin works low profile adjustable gas block under their 17.5 O2 handguard. I’ve started buying up as much factory rounds as I can so to reuse brass.

On your 21 inch barrel, what size handguard are you using. I just ordered a rainier arms 22” ultra match barrel. It has a rifle +1 gas system. Was going to go with an .875 Odin works low profile adjustable gas block under their 17.5 O2 handguard. I’ve started buying up as much factory rounds as I can so to reuse brass.
Odinworks 16" 02 lite handguard. I believe this barrel is a +1 gas system.

If you have access to any 6.5 grendel brass, it's a one step process through your 22arc sizing die.
20240225_141027.jpg

Silly question. On a rifle +1 gas system, how far is the gas port from the receiver, referencing the 22” barrel.