• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22 at 100yds

fillmore

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2009
Arkansas,CSA
I was trying out some different ammo this morning and thought I'd share. Not that great but not too bad for a 70 year old.
nufrp.jpg

23vksh0.jpg

Re: 22 at 100yds

Rifle is 70, I'm a little over a half a century. Yes,that's a Lyman Super Target Spot scope in 15X. I've been told to get some good match ammo so when I can I'll try some more kinds and post pics. Still experimenting with ammo but she seems to like the slower stuff so far.

Thats a nice looking setup you got there, I love classics like those, they just have character. let us know how the ammo tests go. i would guess that she would like the slower stuff like you said, the slow stuff always seems to be more consistent. Wolf MT/SK Standard Plus and CCI Standard Velocity shoot very well in most 22's, they might be a good place to start if your interested. good luck and nice shooting!

Nice looking stick

That scope looks scary... for reason im having visions of it on a high power rifle and someone scoping their eyeballs out with it

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice looking stick

That scope looks scary... for reason im having visions of it on a high power rifle and someone scoping their eyeballs out with it </div></div>

Actually, those scopes slide in their mounts. They go forward from the recoil though so really the chance of getting your eye dotted is less than a fixed scope. Even on that 52 which weighs about 10 lbs it will slide forward about 1/8" or so with each shot. The hard part for me is remembering to pull it back after each shot.

Saw one at the gun show yesterday rigged out just like that. Guy was wanting $1500.00 for it. Nice gun.