• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.22 bolt action CZ 455, grouping went from 1/2 at 50 yards to 1-2 inches

axis007

Private
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2024
texas
Shooting Bench-rest precision style in my backyard, using a CZ 455, American Rimfire Target, first 25 shots grouping 1/2 inch, at 50 yards, CCI Subsonic at 1050fps next 20-50 shots missing by 1-2 inches? cannot figure out why, Fatigue? unlikely. the Barrel does not feel warm or hot, cannot figure out why? any suggestions or comments?

Rimfire accuracy is all about the ammo. An heat probably is playing a role. Along with human focus and stamina. Give it a rest and start a new.

Reactions: x0mb13
Obviously can’t know for sure with your gun, but I’ve decided my 17HMR shoots more accurately early on in a range session when it’s clean(er) than towards the end of a 50 round box. Left it fouled as a test and accuracy was not as good early in the next session.

Even though it’s the same ammo did you change boxes during that time? Different lot numbers can do that to you.