• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors .22 cal Apex-s Suppressor can't get open

79steeler

Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 16, 2012
    Hey guy's probably shot way too many rounds thru this suppressor and can't get it apart now. Suggestions? Anyway I will clean every 200 rounds from now on. Iv'e been soaking it in CLR and it's starting to loosen, I can turn about a half turn now back and forth. Hopefully tomorrow it will break loose. Guy's clean your .22 rimfire cans after every outing or learn the hard way like I am. suggestions are welocome. Thanks.

I have in the past had the occasional difficult time getting in to user-serviceable cans, and what I ended up doing was grabbing the body of the can with a rubber-jawed squeeze clamp:

Z1t8JtpcpEx_.JPG

...then putting a wrench on the rear cap. I've found that the clamp holds the body of the can MUCH more tightly than I am capable of... and the bar on the clamp offers a fair amount of leverage to torque against (set the can on your work bench with the clamp squeezed on, and hold the part of the clamp bar that sticks out the back of the clamp (the portion on the right side of the pic above) with one hand while working the cap wrench with the other hand).