• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22 chassis with extremely short LOP

Casamike

Private
Minuteman
Jun 22, 2017
Indiana
Does any company make a chassis with an extremely short LOP?

I’d like to take my 4 yr old son shooting for the first time but he is still too small physically to handle his cricket. I’ve got several 10/22s, a CZ 452 and a Savage MKII. I’d like to find a chassis that will adjust extremely short and drop one of these rifles into it (ideally the MKII) so that he can shoot it properly. All shooting will be suppressed, from a bench and with 100% supervision, but I still want to make sure he can physically put it to his shoulder and align his eye with the scope.

Thanks for any advice

You can run a number of different aftermarket chassis which would accept an ar15 buffer tube' then you could run it fully collapsed. For the savage if it's an E model receiver Mcrees has a nice ar style compatible chassis.

http://www.rigidalloy.com/

Watch for the blemished ones to go on sale. I picked up 2 pretty cheap this winter. They didn't have any noticeable issues. A little paint and you aren't breaking the bank.

Knock 3" off the back of the cricket stock, then screw it back on when he's older. That's what I did and both my boys started shooting at 4

Reactions: demolitionman
Savage Rascal? Thing is tiny. Just saw one at the LGS yesterday and thought of this thread.....
189 bucks.
http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/rascal

Pictures don't really portray how small it is. In person I felt like my 3 year old might beable to shoot it.

Only Savage I own and will only own. My 5 year old started shooting it just before his 4th birthday and he is on the smaller side.

I used the blackhawk axiom when my knuckleheads were tiny although i'm not sure its any shorter than a cricket, those things are tiny. The axiom is not without its drawbacks though, its super flexy. I pillared it up front and bedded it at the rear shelf where the 10/22 receiver rests. I had a kidd ULW barrel in it and it'd go under an 1" @ 50 with good ammo. PM me if you think it'll work, i'd like somebody else's yougsters to get some use out of it. A little dremel work may be in order near the rear shelf unless our receivers are pretty close dimensionally-Norcal911