• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22 CM Headspace go/no-go issue

mjspeers

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2020
I just received a barrel chambered for 22cm and for the barreled action put together. It was a prefit for a Defiance Ruckus action.

I have a set of go/no-go gauges from Manson who also made the reamer. They are the 6.5cm gauges. The bolt does not close on the go gauge with ejector removed. So obviously it does not close on the no-go.

I have some ADG brass (which I only used a mandrel and did not full length size). The bolt does close on the brass, with what I would say slightly more pressure to close than I would expect. I measure the headspace of the brass and the shoulder is not pushed back. Measured with the “C” Hornady comparator.

Maybe slightly tight chamber? Just go with it?

What supersubes said. I had a slightly short 6br chamber once, my forster and redding sizes wouldn't bump shoulder quite enough. I had a machinist friend hone .002 off shellholder top, perfect after that.

Thanks guys. Using Area 419s shell holder on the -.004 bumped the shoulder just slightly and things chambered fine after that.

Reactions: Supersubes