• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22 Creed build ..need sources

Highbrass

Pew Tang Clan
Minuteman
Been looking at building a 22 Creed for an upcoming Pdawg shoot. I have a .308 Howa that should cover most of the prerequisites. I have even sourced replacement barrel that can be delivered in 2 weeks.
Now I need a source for dies & brass. I have seen bits and pieces scattered all over the internet and could proly cobble enough together. I have a hunch someone on the Hide has resources ??
Hep me owt ....

Reactions: fdkay
Another question, possibly from someone who has a 22 Creed. What would you suggest on twist rate. I have read And heard some conflicting information?
I plan on shooting 75 grain and up so I'm thinking 1:7 but ??
Any help here would be appreciated

For a long range gun go 7 twist. I’m running my 85 rdfs at 3300+ Which is 340k rpm and no blow ups. Use a good bullet and you don’t have the thin bullet problems.

The issue there is that that bullet won’t be very spectacular in prairie dog town. Id figure out what bullet you want to use and how far and figure twist from there. For 55s a 12 twist would be good, 69s a 9 twist, for 80s an 8 twist and anything 90+ will be 7 but that won’t be prairie town I don’t think.

The good news is that after a hot afternoon of a few hundred dogs you’ll need a new barrel so any selection mistakes now won’t be that long lasting :ROFLMAO:

I’m running 95gn projos through a rock creek 1:6.5

some people said I would over rotate and get jacket separation before impact.

some people are wrong a lot. No “poof” so far w this combo.

As far as brass….I had to buy some Copper Creek pre loaded stuff just to get brass. Even they are out now.

may have to resize 6CM to get started.

I went back and forth on barrel twist for a long time - I ended up splitting the difference and going with a 1:7.5 twist Bartlein Med Palma. Should be able to handle the 75-95 gr projectiles without shredding jackets. It took me a while to source a barrel, but I found mine from bulletcentral.com.

P.S. Here's your brass:

with all the supply issues I'm having a sideways look at 22-250 AI
Everything available now and velocities very similar.

What are you still looking for at this point?

Quite a few die sets (and brass)available

Here’s some ammo (with Peterson brass) so you’ll have quality brass to use after break in:

Eurooptic still has Peterson 22 Creed brass in stock.

Last edited: