• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOLD 22 gt brass

Can’t speak specifically to the GT, but I necked down 6BR to 22BR in one step; killed a few cases at first, but once my Forster die was honed out to the proper neck diameter and I put an outside chamfer on the case mouth, went just fine with no issues.

@Feniks Technologies I think would recommend annealing before necking down, which I did not know, alas.

I’ve neck down a lot of 6 creed brass to 22 creed in one pass but I’d rather do it with a full length non bushing die and I don’t have one in gt

I just necked down and fireformed 200 pieces of Alpha 6GT to 22GT. I used a .249 diameter bushing in a 6GT Redding type S bushing die. It leaves a small ring at the neck shoulder junction but that did not affect chambering. I "fireformed" with light charges and 75gr BTHP's. The brass came out beautiful. The necks will be extremely long so prepare for a serious amount of trimming once you're done. I believe the 6GT after firing was about .020" longer than factory 22GT brass after necking down and firing.