• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.22 GT Dies?

Hondo64d

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 12, 2006
The Big Country
Going to have a .22 GT barrel spun up and need dies. Using Alpha OCD brass. I understand for sizing, that any 6 GT bushing type die with a .249 bushing will work fine, but what is everyone using for a seater? I talked to RCBS this AM, thinking I could use one of their Matchmaster seaters with a .22 seating stem, but they won't sell me a .22 seating stem separately. I see GA Precision has the Hornady dies for .22 GT. I had a set of Hornady dies years ago and didn't really care for them, but perhaps they are better now? Micron Precision or Short Action Custom would be nice, but ouch! What options do you guys recommend?

Thanks,

John

I'm using rcbs matchmaster 6gt dies with 249 bushing, gives 0025 nk tension. Seating die: short action customs "the seater" use this for anything from 6br, gt, x47, creed, 308 based cases. Works great. Yeah not cheap but being able to run all my 473 diameter case sizing dies, and one universal seater allows me to run all the needee dies on one turret head.

Buy a sac seating die and never have to buy another seating die for a short action cartridge again.