• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns .22 LR conversion for a SA LW Operator

Toddcal13

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 29, 2010
Bay Area, CA
Hello all,

I don't know pistols like I know rifles, so bear with me, and I performed a search and couldn't find an answer.

I bought myself a LW Operator yesterday for my 30th birthday, starting the requisite ten day CA holding pattern. I'd like to also purchase a .22 conversion for it. The manual says you shouldn't but it seems more lawyered than anything.

I was thinking about a Marvel unit 2, ppl seem to like them. But will it fit my frame? Any other ideas?

Thanks for any thoughts.

T

Re: .22 LR conversion for a SA LW Operator

I believe all of SA's aluminum frame offerings have ramped barrels.

I don't know if any 22 LR conversions will work with a frame with a ramp cutout.

Re: .22 LR conversion for a SA LW Operator

My Marvel Unit 1 conversion works on my Springfield 1911A1 Loaded and it also works on my Springfield Champion. The Loaded has a standard barrel and it works perfect on the Champion with the ramped barrel.

I use it on the Champion more than I do on the Full size one. I don't see any issues with a ramped barrel or none ramped barrel on my two.

JMC