• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22 LR subsonic rounds

Ghillie Zen

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2009
The Black Lodge
I've been using Remington's 22 subs for awhile now. Performance is okay for a sub-round, but I'd like to find something with a heavier grain. Any suggestions?

Re: 22 LR subsonic rounds

Feelin a need to move on up to the 40's...beyond that there is Aguila 60 grn which requires a 1:9 twist. Round is real dirty and drops like a vw...

I have had very good results with CCI Pistol Match in both suppressed rifles and pistols.

CCI Sub's and SK Sub's. CCI for general plinking, SK for CZ with suppressor for varmint elimination (much more accurate). I've used the Aguila, and as stated before, it is very dirty - It jams up my AAC/Ruger 10/22.

Anyone try this brand of 22 subs before, "Dynamit Nobel"? Some german brand I picked up at one of the local shops. Nice heavy bullet, but fairly expensive.....

I can plink at inch-sized targets at 100 yards with Remington 22 subsonic ammo with ease. I can't imagine accuracy getting much better with a heavier bullet.

Lapua makes a 48 grain subsonic: Scoremax.

I've got a packet sitting in my ammo cabinet but have not got around to trying it yet.

I've no idea what I paid for it but it wasn't cheap. It's the Finnish made Lapua.

Sniff

Dynamit Nobel is some good stuff, aka RWS. There's more than one flavor of this brand out there, but they're all good stuff. My only quibble is that I don't have an application that's serious enough for me to be spending that kind of bucks on. Some years, my Daughter gets me some as a stocking stuffer; she knows I like it, and she also knows that for my own useage, I'm a cheapo SOB.

My philosophy is: if I could shoot well enough, maybe such prices would make sense.

Greg

CCI & Eley subs. The CCI shoots real well out of my CZ suppressed.....

CZ452-Pod-Loc.jpg

cool.gif

Try them and see. You can always believe everything that you read. Let your ears tell you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mrt53</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try them and see. You can always believe everything that you read. Let your ears tell you. </div></div>

I still got a sonic crack shooting them in rifles or HG's. I also remember them shooting pretty damn good in everything and exceptionally well in a CZ 452 Varmint.

thanks,
Keith

Hotrod why don't I see one of your bitchin 1 piece bases on that cz?
wink.gif

Old pic... We received almost 100"(record) of snow this winter and we
still can't get to the range. Hopefully I can get some updated pics.

cool.gif