• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.22 match upper

Re: .22 match upper

For an AR?
Frank White already did it. Compass Lake Engineering.
Derek Martin at Accuracy Speaks, too.
There's a fellow who posted a while back (few months) who posted on RFC who designed his own bolt and mag at a similar price point. I cross posted here and on ARfcom.
The Christies are developing a dedicated .22 bolt for lefty Stag uppers, something I have great interest in since I know a lot of southpaws.
All you really need is a good barrel on a blueprinted receiver.

Yes for an AR. I havnt checked out Accuracy Speaks yet so I'll go check it out. Thanks for the info.

I've got one of each, a CLE and an AS, both with the M261 kit.
Both shoot in the 3/8 to 1/2" at 50 yrds with good ammo, so take your pick.
You could probably buy a barrel from either for about $30 and put it together yourself,, I would stick to the M261,, had problems with one of the other kits.

My CLE was bought as a barrel and bolt.
Standard length (20") Douglas barrels were $300 last year; the bolt with connecting link was another $240 with 3 mag inserts and the single loading shell holder.
My 18" SPR barrel was an extra $50; now it's a MK12 Mod 0 clone.
With SK match ammo it has shot some 3/8" 50yd groups, often bug holes with a flyer, before I put the AccuWedge in. Now I'm out of SK, and there aren't many good bench days when I can get to the club.
As a complete upper for Service Rifle the CLE is pretty sweet, free float tube and pinned type FSB, but with 4 set screws that ride flats on the barrel where the pin holes would normally go, so the FSB can be timed for a center rear sight setting.