• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.22 Nosler Velocities

Knight_Who_Says_Ni

Private
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2011
Idaho
What sort of velocities is everyone seeing out of an 18 inch gun? I've been playing with the idea of building one for a while now and have a lead on a barrel for a great price.

Two different/separate reports have shown the factory Nosler match 77 loads are only producing around 2780-2820 which is pretty depressing considering the mk12 loads for the 233/556 can achieve that or close to it depending on the barrel.

I think where that round round will shine is with the lighter projectiles or if you are going to shoot heavies, do it in a 20"+ barrel. That's just a good good bit more powder to burn.

Kind of sucks because I was really wanting to build one too and push the TMK to at least 2900 in a 18.5" barrel. I'll wait a bit longer to see if it looks up.