• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22 rifle upgrade? Savage mark ii

LeftyJason

Thumbnail-les
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 8, 2017
    Kaysville Utah
    So I currently have a savage mark ii gl. Unthreaded. 2nd gun I owned. My parents got it for me in my early 20's.
    Mark-II.jpg

I got my thunderbeast 22 takedown in November. It fits on my other 22lr guns.

I've always sorta wanted a mark ii btvlss. Probably should of got it in the first place.
    1253135.png

Any reason why it wouldn't be worth it considering threading costs?

Or are there other lefty 22s to consider instead? I prefer to go stainless when I can.

If you wanted a blued, right hand rifle I could help. :unsure: :cautious: I think the savage above looks great. I'd just get that.

is there anything about your savage you really don't like or you just want another gun ? either way good luck .

Tikka is claiming to drop the T1x in a lefty some time. Was supposed to be 2019 and I'm not holding my breath for 2020.

If you can find a CZ 452 they did come lefty and are supposed to be very good.

Anschutz makes some models in left too.

is there anything about your savage you really don't like or you just want another gun ? either way good luck .
    I like the look of stainless guns and little less corrosion troubles and heavier barrel means more stable.

I also want to get the thumb hole stock so that I can let righties feel what it's like being lefthanded shooting a right handed gun.

Also I want to get it threaded and I'd prefer to spend 20% of the price of the gun or less on that rather than 50%. The gl can be had for $240 and the btvlss for $400. I recently had a local gunsmith quote me $180 for a threading job. I'd rather send it to LRI who I know does a good job and uses go/no go gages. Im a turbine jet engine machinist for a living without access to machines for this stuff. I could grind the threads at work if I had access. Do that all the time for ALCM/ Tomahawk engines all the time.

Reactions: acudaowner
    Tikka is claiming to drop the T1x in a lefty some time. Was supposed to be 2019 and I'm not holding my breath for 2020.

If you can find a CZ 452 they did come lefty and are supposed to be very good.

Anschutz makes some models in left too.
    I'd love to go tikka but beretta aren't as lefty friendly as I'd like. I know the exact model number number of tikka t3x I want but beretta won't import it.
    I know. I've called. That site is such a tease.

Have done some searching for cz 452s but nothing comes up... especially lefty.

Anschutz are nice but they are a little much for me by at least $700. I want to get started on my t3x this year.

I'd love to go tikka but beretta aren't as lefty friendly as I'd like. I know the exact model number number of tikka t3x I want but beretta won't import it.
    I know. I've called. That site is such a tease.

Have done some searching for cz 452s but nothing comes up... especially lefty.

Anschutz are nice but they are a little much for me by at least $700. I want to get started on my t3x this year.

Yeah being a lefty shooter sucks. I'm actually right handed but left eye dominant, so at least I shoot pistols right handed. Long guns go left.

I'm holding out for the T1x simply because it will then fit into my (lefty modified) ACC chassis.

I've also been looking for a CZ 452 in lefty and they are impossible to find up here in Canuckistan. Anschutz is lovely, and I want to get one eventually, but I also want a PRS trainer and they are difficult to rig up that way.

Sigh.

Reactions: LeftyJason
    Funny how everyone gives advice to right handed left eye dom guy's to shoot left handed, but when left handed guy's run into problems trying to find a left handed rifle NOBODY says, just shoot right handed. I'd just buy a left handed Vudoo and be done with it.

Funny how everyone gives advice to right handed left eye dom guy's to shoot left handed, but when left handed guy's run into problems trying to find a left handed rifle NOBODY says, just shoot right handed. I'd just buy a left handed Vudoo and be done with it.

If you have a Champagne budget then you are correct sir, the Vudoo is a no-brainer.

I shot right guns left handed until I blew a primer into my face. Thankfully I was wearing shooting glasses. Now I appreciate the layer of steel between me and the boom.

Reactions: LeftyJason