• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.22 Tactical Precision Matches in IDAHO

ida83704

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2010
Ada County, Idaho
<span style="font-weight: bold">.22 Tactical Precision Rifle Match Series for 2010</span>

The Parma Rod and Gun Club has four .22 Tactical Precision Rifle Matches scheduled in 2010. The dates are:

• Saturday, May 8th, 2010
• Saturday, June 19th, 2010
• Saturday, July 17th, 2010
• Saturday, August 21st, 2010

Location: Parma Rod and Gun Club – Parma, Idaho http://www.parmarng.org/

Directions: http://www.parmarng.org/MapToRange/MapToRange.html

.22 Tactical Precision Rifle Matches combine several different types of rifle shooting into a fun and exciting new sport.

.22 Tactical Precision Rifle combines:
• tactical scenarios
• precision fire
• practical field shooting
• action shooting
• long range/distance shooting

From its start, these rifle matches have been primarily focused on being a fun and affordable shooting sport. Courses of fire are designed to be shot with inexpensive factory rifles and reasonably priced scopes.

.22 Tactical Precision Rifle Matches are adaptations of centerfire Tactical/Precision match formats to rimfire rifles. The reason for this is rimfire is much less expensive to shoot than centerfire. This allows shooters to train, practice and shoot more.

These matches are multi-stage, multi-distance events that shooters will find challenging and fun. The stages are shot at shorter, caliber-appropriate distances. Target sizes and distances are reduced to scale specifically for .22 rimfire rifles.

The targets are reactive steel and are at distances that vary from 25 to 250 yards. Steel targets provide instant shooter feedback and make the matches flow better because the firing line is not shut down from time to time to score paper targets.

Come on out and give it a try! .22 Tactical Precision Rifle Matches are challenging, very affordable, and will test and develop your rifle marksmanship skills. It is fun stuff and you’ll meet some new fellow shooters.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Equipment </span>

.22 rimfire rifle - bolt action, semi auto, pump, etc.

Optics are highly, highly recommended and really preferred.
• If one wants to shoot with iron sights (like an Appleseed rifle), go for it. Just realize the game is built around scoped rifles.
• You can see all the targets with the naked eye from the firing line so a peep rear and post front sight will work if you have enough adjustment to get to 250 yards.
• A Mil-Dot scope is recommended but not necessary.

A bipod can be useful, but one can shoot off a ruck or backpack if preferred.

Spotting optics - binoculars or a spotting scope are helpful, but one can use their rifle scope for spotting (a cheap $20 pair of binoculars will work great too).

Transport gear - rucksack, duffle, backpack, or shooters box to transport stuff from firing position to position.

Ground gear - shooting mat, blue tarp, knee and elbow pads, old hunk of carpet, or nothing, shooters choice.

Dope sheet-you should have ‘come-up’ data out to 300 yards.

Misc. gear as needed.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Rules </span>
Safety first! The 4 rules apply so engage your brain.

The 1st Law of Gun Safety - The Gun Is Always Loaded!
The 2nd Law of Gun Safety - Never Point A Gun At Something You're Not Prepared To Destroy!
The 3rd Law of Gun Safety - Always Be Sure Of Your Target And What Is Behind It!
The 4th Law of Gun Safety - Keep Your Finger Off The Trigger Until Your Sights Are On The Target!

Unsafe actions by you will mean a disqualification from the match.

A hit is defined as making the steel target move (ricochet, dirt splash or chain strikes do not count). Any paper is scored as defined by COF description.

Only .22 Short, Long, or Long Rifle rimfire ammo is allowed,
.17 rimfire or .22WMR is not allowed.

Divisions are: Semi-Auto Rifle, All Other Action Types, and Juniors.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Match details </span>
12 stages, approx 120 scored rounds
Bring 200 rounds
Entry fee = $10
Match should last until around noon
Bring your own drinks and snacks
The match will be shot at the Small Bore Range which has several gravel firing positions in addition to a concrete firing line so bring a shooting mat or tarp if you don’t want to roll around in the gravel.

Contact questions: Steve Fransen, Email: Parma22LR-at-yahoo.com

[edit, fix email]

Re: .22 Tactical Precision Matches in IDAHO

Below are the balistics that we build the courses of fire upon.

Ballistics Comparisons

A 250 yard .22 rimfire shot closely replicates a 1,000 yard shot from a .308 Winchester and here is why.

We will compare CCI Green Tag .22 rimfire ammunition to the .308 Winchester.

• The standard cartridge for centerfire Tactical/Precision rifle matches is the .308 Winchester. It has a 175 grain Sierra Match King bullet with a Ballistics Coefficient of .490. This bullet is fired at a muzzle velocity of 2600 feet per second.
• CCI Green Tag ammunition has a 40 grain bullet with a Ballistics Coefficient of .125. This bullet is fired at a muzzle velocity of 1070 feet per second.

For the .22 rimfire to get to 250 yards and the .308 to get to 1,000 yards they both need approximately the same elevation dialed into the scope, which is about 40MOA up from zero (25 yard zero for .22 and a 100 yard zero for .308).

Wind corrections are also very similar between a 250 yard .22 rimfire shot and a 1,000 yard .308 shot. For example, a 10 mph cross-wind at 250 yards with a .22 rimfire needs approximately the same MOA correction as a 1,000 yard shot with a.308 (10MOA of wind adjustment).

Thats good stuff. We are thinking about starting a 22 TPRC here in the Phoenix area in March.

That sounds like a lot of fun. I have a fair amount of experience with .22lr at 200 yards, and I'd love to have a match like that around here.

Come on down if you can.
(Bothel is near Seattle? right?)

Of course the 6 or 7 hour drive each way cuts into the low cost aspect of .22 Tactical Precision Rifle.........

If you have never shot one of these matches, come on out and give it a go if you are interested.

I bring DOPE sheets out for several diffrent kinds .22 ammo that should get you on target even if you have never shot past 50 yards with a .22

Update.

We will have an optional side match at 300 yards in addition to the regular match.

Target will be a 15x25 inch steel target.
10 shots scored.

Sounds like a lot of fun, I can't make the first one, but the June match is looking good right now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: luvmy45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds like a lot of fun, I can't make the first one, but the June match is looking good right now. </div></div>

Cool!

Update.

There will be some courses of fire that will require magazine changes.

If you have a magazine fed rifle be sure to bring at least 2 mags.

Single shots are ok.

Tube feds will have to re-feed the tube.

Your matches sound like a lot of fun maybe this would give me an excuse to get a trainer together. Im over in Pocatello I might get my self together and make it over.

It may be the most fun you can have for $.08 or less per round.

The Parma range is approx 1 hour past Boise from the Poc-ey side of the state, if you want to day trip it.(like 5 miles from the Oregon border/ Snake River)

I am interested in doing this, I guess I will have to make the trip up there

David

Bump.

Last weekend to get your kit in order for the match. Regular match is 25 to 250 yards.

The 300 yard optional stage is 325 yards for this match since it is shot on the main rifle line not the smallbore line.

ping me with any questions

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tim3gun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats good stuff. We are thinking about starting a 22 TPRC here in the Phoenix area in March. </div></div>
This would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!