• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.22 Tactical Steel Challenge, Conover, NC OCTOBER 11th RESULTS UP!

apache308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 2, 2009
NC
Heads up shooters!! Please see updated and revised rules for the upcoming 2014 season. The matches will be much the same as in the past - save for a few equipment rules and housekeeping items in the name of sportsmanship and safety. Please read through the information below in preparation for the 2014 season.

CVRPC .22 RIMFIRE TACTICAL STEEL CHALLENGE 2014 EVENTS
Beginning Saturday, April 12, the Catawba Valley Rifle & Pistol Club will be hosting our.22 Tactical Steel Challenge matches again in 2014. Matches are scheduled to run the 2nd Saturday of each month April through October. Sign up begins at 9:30am, Match review at 9:45, and shooting starts at 10:00 am.

Conover, NC. Catawba Valley Rifle and Pistol Club. Directions to the range can be found at Directions to CVRPC. The range is conveniently located a short distance off I-40 in Conover, NC (near Hickory, NC). Plenty of graveled parking is available as are indoor restrooms (men and women).

ENTRY FEE AND PAYOUT:
• Entry fee of $10.
• Re-entries (not for match score) are permitted if position/time available
• Payout will be as follows:
• 1st Place 40% of entry fees
• 2nd Place 20% of entry fees
• 3rd Place 10% of entry fees
• (30% goes to the CVRPC range for usage)

Junior shooters (15 and under) will compete for certificates with awards presented for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places. Junior shooters are still eligible for cash payout and overall match win.

We will also have a random draw, two-man team event for those who wish to participate for $5.00 (90% payback with 10% going to CVRPC).

A “bonus” type side match shooting steel targets at various ranges from 112 to 300 yards may be offered at the Match Director’s discretion, and time permitting. (90% payback with 10% going to CVRPC)

COURSE:
All shooting will be from a paved, covered firing line with multiple positions available. Course will consist of 4 stages at distances as follows:
• Stage 1: 57 yards.
• Stage 2: 112 yards.
• Stage 3: 163 yards.
• Stage 4: 210 yards.
• Targets are IPSC “style” AR235 steel in sizes ranging from approx. 1.5” to approx. 8.5” in height.
• All targets (including sighter targets) are reactive steel with no paper targets being offered.
• A sighter target will be available at each Stage. Sighter targets are steel, round discs, white in color.
• The course of fire will consist of various size targets and will also include “hostage” style scenarios, partially blocked or hidden targets, diminishing size precision reactive targets, and other possible scenarios at the Match Directors discretion.
• Targets will be engaged from (but not limited to) the following positions:
Modified Prone: Prone position at 90* from target. Fired from shooting mat.
Prone: Prone position from shooting mat.
Defilade: Simulated defilade fired from tabletop with limited field of view.
Barricade /cover: Simulated rooftop type cover position.
Improvised rest prone: Prone position from improvised rest.
Stairwell: Improvised stairstep "wall" with multiple height positions which may be shot prone, sitting, kneeling, or standing.
Standing: Standing position with or without use of sling.
Additional positions may be presented at the Match Directors discretion.

NOTE: No rear rest, bag, appendages, or mechanical support of any kind allowed on any position. Additionally, bipods must be adjusted so the stock does not contact the ground when firing from prone positions or the tabletop from the defilade position. The shooter may place their hand, wrist, fist, etc. between the stock and ground. If a competitor is found in violation, the competitor will be issued a warning with the shooter’s score for that stage entered as zero “0”, and in the event of a second offense the competitor will be disqualified.

• Course of fire will consist of 48 rounds, 8 of which are sighters.
You will encounter 12 targets total at each stage consisting of the following: Six, free-standing targets worth 1 point each; 4 aggressor/hostage style targets worth 2 points each - but with a minus one point (-1 ) hostage kill penalty; and two very challenging "option" targets worth 3 points each - but also with a -1 point hostage kill penalty. So that’s 12 available targets with varying difficulty, and with varying risk vs. reward. 10 shots, 12 targets, you decide.
Please note that ANY of the positions described above may be encountered on ANY of the four Stages. Shooting positions will either be drawn on the morning of match day, or prescribed at the Match Director’s discretion, dependent on conditions.

NOTE: Course and targets may vary slightly at match director's discretion.

EQUIPMENT:
• Match is open to all .22 rimfire rifles including bolt action, semi auto, single shot, lever, and pump actions.
• .22 Short, Long, and Long Rifle only. No 22 WMR, 17M2, or 17HMR rifles allowed.
• No weight limit. No barrel length restrictions. Adjustable muzzle devices or “tuners” are allowed.
• Muzzle brakes and “bloop tubes” are permitted, no restrictions.
• The use of suppressors is permitted.
• No mechanical front rests – bipod only (Harris or Atlas type). NOTE: Only “tactical” style bipods allowed. No F-Class or “wide footprint” models allowed.
• No rear bags, monopods, or rear rest of any kind allowed.
• No rear stock appendages, protrusions, or otherwise fixed, adjustable, or folding devices that would serve as support.
• The use of a sling is permitted during any stage or position.
• Shooting mats, elbow pads, etc. are allowed.
• No “High Power type” shooting coats or jackets allowed.
• The same gun MUST be fired throughout the course unless a verified mechanical or optical failure occurs which must be approved by the Match Director.

MATCH COMMANDS:
• At the command: “Shooters to the Line…Your 30 second prep period begins, NOW” competitors will have a 30 second prep period to get into position, adjust scope settings, etc. The firearm must remain unloaded during the prep period.
• At the end of the prep period the competitor will receive a “Load” command at which time he/she will have 30 seconds to load his weapon.
• At this “Load” command, shooters with magazine fed rifles will load a magazine with 2 (two) rounds only. Shooters may also choose to engage sighter targets single fed.
• At the end of the 30 second “Load” period, the shooter will receive the “Fire” command and have 30 seconds to fire on 2 sighter targets only.
• The sighter targets must be engaged first. The sighter target cannot be reengaged after the competitor has began firing for score.
• At the end of 30 seconds a “Cease Fire” command will be given. Bolts/actions are to be open at this time.
• After the two rounds are fired on the sighter target and the “Cease Fire” command given, a magazine change is required. The competitor may then load a magazine loaded with 5 or 10 rounds. The time period for the magazine change is 15 seconds.
• Tubular magazine fed rifles must load two rounds only, or engage sighter targets single fed; then load 10 rounds at Magazine Change command.
• At the end of the 15 second magazine change period the “Fire” command will be given at which time the competitor will fire 10 rounds for score during a 4 minute period.

NOTE: If a competitor does not fire the allocated two rounds on the sighter target for any reason, the competitor still has a maximum of ten shots for score. If a competitor fires more than 10 rounds for score, the score for that stage shall be zero “0”. If a second offense occurs the competitor will be disqualified.

• The competitor may choose to engage any target on the stage in any order. Competitor review of the scoring below and various strategies dependent on the presented targets at each stage are advised.
• If a competitor fires at a target for score prior to receiving the FIRE command, it shall be called as an “early shot” and any point scored shall be marked as a zero “0”.
• At the end of the 4 minute period a “Cease Fire” command will be given at which time the competitor must display a clear and open action, insert an “open chamber indicator” or flag, and acknowledge clear by a show of hands.
• Shooters must hold their position while target setters are downrange with no handling of the firearm permitted. Upon the command at the return of target setters shooters may advance to their next position, place their firearm at their designated shooting position, without further handling or adjustment.

NOTE: To help ensure the target setter’s safety and aid in enforcement of this rule, any competitor called for handling their firearm while persons are downrange will be disqualified and the competitor asked to remove their equipment from the line. No exceptions. Safety will NOT be compromised.

SCORING:
• Targets MUST fall to be scored as a HIT.
• Turned targets still standing will be counted as a miss or “0”.
• Each missed target will be scored as “0” point.
• Each “single man” or "free-standing" man hit will be scored as 1 point.
• Hostage target hit (knocked over) will be scored as minus 1 (-1) point.
• Hostage target aggressor “kills” will be scored as 2 points.
• “Option” target aggressor kills will be scored as 3 points.
• “Option” target hostage kills are scored as minus 1 (-1) point.
• If the Aggressor target AND the Hostage target falls it is scored as minus 1 (-1).
• If a Hostage target is turned and does not fall it does not count against the competitor.
• All competitors must have their scorecard verified and initialed before advancing to the next position. Blank or mismarked targets will be scored as “0”. Line Officers will be available for assistance in scoring or match procedures.
• Competitors will turn in their scorecard to the Match Director or Line Officer at the completion of Relay #4.
• All scorecards must be completed with the competitor’s name and contact information prior to turning it in for scoring. Scorecards with no name or identifying information will be rejected.
• In the event of a “tie” for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place, a “Tiebreaker Stage” will be added and will be at the Match Directors discretion. Expect targets from 57 to 210 yards.

ALIBI SHOTS:
• No alibi shots will be given for failure to fire due to equipment or ammunition malfunction.
• No alibi shots will be given for failure to fire during the allotted time.
• Alibi shots will be permitted only when the respective targets are unavailable due to crossfire or mechanical target failure in the competitor’s bank and the competitor has not fired all 10 allowed shots.
• The competitor must notify a Range Officer or the Match Director immediately if he/she has missing targets due to crossfire or mechanical target failure.
• It is the sole responsibility of the competitor to notify the Range Officer of the alibi situation.
• It is the sole responsibility of the competitor to decide to engage further targets or suspend fire and engage the targets in an alibi period.
• At the Match Director’s command, the alibi shooter will engage targets with the standard range commands and the competitor shall be given 24 seconds per alibi shot.

NOTE: If a competitor recognizes and acknowledges a missing or incorrect target in their bank of targets for score, they (or their spotter) must notify a R.O. or M.D. immediately before engaging targets.

SAFETY:
• CVRPC requires the use of open chamber indicators/flags at all times except after the load command has been given.
• ALL bolts and actions must remain open at all times except when “on stage” after the Load command is given.
• Failure to display open actions and Open Chamber Indicator will result in 1 warning, followed by disqualification.
• Eye and hearing protection must be worn by competitors, spotters, and bystanders.
• No horseplay or unsafe gun handling will be tolerated.

Please contact apache308 (Steve Roe) or armorpl8chikn (Joe Lassiter) on this site or [email protected] for further information or preregistration. Pre registration is recommended but not required.

Last edited:
yep jim been a long time, for sure.
how is the Sr 1809 doing. cant wait to check it out,
hear thru the grape vine, some new rigs going show up
you are going leave jay (sniper) at home, so we can have chance right LOL
naw take that back would not be the same with out him,

ok guys be ready, mad doctor "APACHE", got the wheel turning, in that he is going have some new stage props coming up this year.
to all hide folks, come an shoot with us, promise you will enjoy the match.
Apache & armorpl8chikn put a lot into it, so it will take you out of your comfort zone, an make you a better shooter.
it is not a bench rest, F class, match, it is a TACTICAL STEEL CHALLENGE, nuff said
yote out

Franklin forgot to say, cool video, keep it up,
that is one way I show people, that have not shot this match, what it is like.
maybe I should just say YO (yote out)

This is an awesome match. I shot my first one yesterday and realized I need to do much more practice with my shooting positions. Great group of guys.

CVRPC .22 TSC Match Recap, April 12, 2014

The 2014 CVRPC .22 Tactical Steel Challenge season started out with a great match with a total of 18 competitors. The skies were blue throughout the day with light winds and temps in the mid to upper 70’s. The parking lot expansion and grading project is complete and we have lots of graveled parking.

This month Stage 1 was shot from the unsupported standing position with targets incorporating penalty and bonus point targets which really adds a degree of difficulty. Stage 2 was shot from the Stairwell wall with the shooters choosing from standing, kneeling or sitting. Stage 3 was fired from the “Dogbox” cover position which is usually a pretty stable platform. Stage 4 was shot from the “Spools” with only a beanbag type support allowed. We will be adding new positions throughout the season. Expect the unexpected and shooters are encouraged to bring their gear including but not limited to a “pack”, Badger “Bone” type bags, etc. We also ask that shooters bring their spotting scopes if possible as we ran short on spotting scopes this month.

We would like to welcome Scotty Cox and Arlie Collier from VA back to TSC this month. Also, Blake Coates came up from SC to take on the challenge. Thanks guys for driving to Conover to shoot with us and we hope to see you back next month. First place this month was Steve Roe with a 53x72. Joe Lassiter came in 2nd with a score of 51, and Ronny Brown brought home 3rd place with a 46. Jay Roe captured 1st place Jr.

The match ran smoothly and quickly with no delays, infractions, or safety concerns. Thank you shooters for making this MD’s job easier. And speaking of that, sometimes it can be quite hectic trying to run the match and taking time to shoot the match. In an effort to focus more on providing a great match every month I have made the decision to only shoot a limited number of matches this season. This will allow me to focus on stage design, match safety, and operation, and also giving me time to help with spotting and coaching new and Junior shooters.

Special thanks to all that assist in set up and tear down. Thanks to those who stepped in and helped as line officers throughout the day. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve Roe

April 12th Match Results:

1. S. Roe Anschutz 53 1st
2. J. Lassiter Anschutz 51 2nd
3. R. Brown Martini 46 3rd
4. J. Roe Anschutz 45
5. B. Franklin Anschutz 44
6. J. Abbott Ruger 40
7. K. Meares Anschutz 37
8. T. Josey CZ 36*
9. S. Cox Anschutz 36
10. G. Houser Ruger 34
11. C. England Anschutz 34
12. B. Johnson Anchutz 32
13. J. Roe Anschutz 31 1st Jr.
14. D. Roe Anschutz 29
15. A. Collier Anschutz 28
16. B. Coates CZ 22
17. H. Spargo Savage 20
18. G. Northam Anschutz TBD

(*Ties broken by Stage 4 score)

Team Event: S Roe & J Lassiter 104

My apologies to G Northam. I misplaced his scorecard somewhere and will update the results asap. SR

This is an awesome match. I shot my first one yesterday and realized I need to do much more practice with my shooting positions. Great group of guys.

Yes this was a great match opener,
good weather, low shooter count (18), that made for a fast match,
thanks apache, an armorpl8chikn, yall are doing a great job.
I must apologize to Blake (BC6.8). I have an open invite to all hide members on there 1st time shooting match.(it is on me)
Blake I am sorry, for failing to pay your entry fee, (I had a lot of personal things going on in my head). an was not myself.
when you come back I will cover your fee,
thanks all,
YO

Yes this was a great match opener,
good weather, low shooter count (18), that made for a fast match,
thanks apache, an armorpl8chikn, yall are doing a great job.
I must apologize to Blake (BC6.8). I have an open invite to all hide members on there 1st time shooting match.(it is on me)
Blake I am sorry, for failing to pay your entry fee, (I had a lot of personal things going on in my head). an was not myself.
when you come back I will cover your fee,
thanks all,
YO

No problem Yote. It is the cheapest match I've ever shot. I just enjoy matches to improve my skill level and the camaraderie.

We had a great time. And was good to see everyone again.
Gotta practice some standing bad! There was blood everywhere on stage 1 when I got done. LOL

We had a great time. And was good to see everyone again.
Gotta practice some standing bad! There was blood everywhere on stage 1 when I got done. LOL

yep good to see everone again.
jim i hit alot of steel this match,(just the wrong ones)LOL
by the way that was a damm good looking 1809Sr
i think when you get the bugs out,(oh hell)
see yall next month.

Oh yeah...forgot about that. Jim's stage 1 looked like an episode out of Walking Dead....and not in a head shot kind of way. Then again....most of my stage 1 good guys ended up zombie bait. At least Jim's good guys didn't suffer :D

CVRPC .22 TSC Match Recap, May 10, 2014

Things have been hectic the past couple weeks and I just realized tonight that I had not posted the results from the shoot earlier this month. My apologies.

The May 2014 TSC match was held under changing skies and temps in the mid to upper 70’s with 22 shooters meeting the challenge. This month Stage 1 was a combination of unsupported standing and prone with the “plate machine” making it’s return after a two year absence. Stage 2 was shot from the “Spool” with a horizontal 2x4 added for a bit of extra fun. Stage 3 was fired from the “Overwatch ramp” and continues to add a degree of difficulty to the match. Stage 4 was shot from the prone position with 5 shots strong hand, and 5 shots weak hand. Again, we will be adding new positions throughout the season so expect the unexpected and bring your gear.

First place this month went to Bryan Johnson and it was a great win on a difficult day. Bryan has been flirting with a win for a couple years now and it all came together today with four strong stages for a 53x72. With his first win under his belt now, I am sure there will be more for Reddog. Congrats Bryan!! Jim Roe shot his Anny 1903 to a 2nd place score of 51 and Gary Houser shooting his Clark barreled Ruger brought home 3rd with a strong 47. Jay Roe captured 1st place Jr. and continues to place near the top of the list.

The match ran smoothly and quickly with no delays, infractions, or safety concerns. Thank you shooters for making this MD’s job easier. Special thanks to all that assist in set up and tear down. Thanks to those who stepped in and helped as line officers throughout the day. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve Roe

May 10th Match Results:

1. B. Johnson Anschutz 53 1st
2. J. Roe Anschutz 51 2nd
3. G. Houser Ruger 47 3rd
4. J. Lassiter Anschutz 46
5. Jy. Roe Anschutz 44 1st Jr.
6. B. Franklin Anschutz 43
7. R. Brown Martini 42
8. J. Abbott Savage/Ans 40
9. G. Johnson Anschutz 38*
10. K. Smith CZ 38
11. C. England Anschutz 38
12. Js. Sigmon Ruger 36*
13. T. Josey CZ 36
14. D. Lail Anschutz 33
15. R. Pauley Savage 32
16. J. Sigmon Ruger 31
17. H. Spargo Savage 26
18. D. Bailey CZ 23
19. D. Roe Anschutz 22*
20. G. Northam Anschutz 22
21. K. Meares CZ 18
22. P. Johnson Anschutz 11

CVRPC .22 TSC Match Recap, June 14, 2014

The June 2014 TSC match was held under clear skies, light to no winds, and temps in the mid 80’s. You couldn’t ask for a better day for shooting. A total of 18 shooters made their way to CVRPC today to shoot precision .22’s. This month, Stage 1 was the tiny ‘Michelin men” targets fired from the 90* prone position. Precision defines this stage as a 1/8” miscalculation can be the difference between risk and reward. Stage 2 was shot from the “Spool” with a horizontal 2x4 added for a bit of extra fun. Stage 3 was fired from the “Overwatch ramp” and continues to add a degree of difficulty to the match. Stage 4 was shot from the “Stairwell” with a new twist – a 2x4 screwed to the slope provided a steep 60* angle from which to shoot. As always, we will be adding new positions throughout the season so bring your gear.

Just as in other sports, confidence and momentum means a lot and Bryan Johnson won his second match in a row with a great 51x72. Bryan made it look easy for his second win of the year and has established himself as a strong candidate for the overall aggregate standings. We had a three-way tie for 2nd-4th positions and after a shoot-out of Stage 3 targets at Stage 4 distance, Bryan Franklin came out on top with a 44 +6 to capture 2nd place, and Jim Roe with a 44 +5 for 3rd, and Dylan Roe settling for 4th place with a 44 +4. Dylan was going for the 3 point Bonus target on his last shot which would have earned him 2nd place, but the bullet was ¼” high……Oh so close. Keep shooting like that Dylan and you will be finishing “in the money”.

The match ran smoothly and quickly with no delays, infractions, or safety concerns. Thank you shooters for making this MD’s job easier. Special thanks to all that assist in set up and tear down. Thanks to those who stepped in and helped as line officers throughout the day. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve Roe

June 14th Match Results:

1. B. Johnson Anschutz 51 1st
2. B. Franklin Anschutz 44 2nd
3. J. Roe Anschutz 44 3rd
4. D. Roe Anschutz 44
5. C. England Anschutz 38
6. G. Houser Ruger 35
7. D. Abbott Savage/Ans 34* 1st Jr./1st Lady
8. T. Josey CZ 34
9. E. Rosamond Remington 34
10. Jy. Roe Anschutz 33
11. D. Bailey CZ 27
12. G. Northam Anschutz 26
13. S. Cox Anschutz 25
14. K. Meares Anschutz 20
15. J. Lassiter Ruger 18*
16. H. Spargo Savage 18
17. R. Pauley Savage 17
18. J. Abbott Savage/Ans 12

Team Event: B. Franklin & D. Bailey 71

Great Match Apache!!!

Folks, you won't find a better place to hone your precision shooting skills from different tactical positions. Add to that the "Co-opetition" of the folks that shoot there, you will have a great day and will enjoy it, regardless of your score.

I felt I left Yoteman down on Stage 4... that was a tricky, tricky 60 degree angle. (But it was fun as hell!)

Nope it was all me on stage 4
new prop made it hard for me to settlin
you go rred dog (aka team 6.5)
your on a good year
congats to Frankljim, Jim, Dylan
like I have said, in the past, hard to beat them mountain men,LOL

CVRPC .22 TSC Match Recap, July 12, 2014

The July, 2014 TSC match was held under partly cloudy skies, temps in the low 90’s; plenty of good ol’ southern heat and humidity, and not a leaf turnin’……..that means no wind. Calm…I mean thick, hot, stagnant air……and these .22’s loved it! We have seen a distinct tendency: The hotter it is the better the precision .22’s shoot. It’s a fact. We had a very challenging course of fire set up this month and even with tough positions, we had two shooters break the existing course record. We also had several personal best scores fired today.

This month, Stage 1 was the fired from the supported standing position. Stage 2 was shot from the “Spool” with bipod support only – no packs. Stage 3 was fired from the “railroad tie” 8”x 8” block with folded bipod and no rear support. Stage 4 was fired from the now familiar “Overwatch ramp” and is becoming a favorite among many shooters.

Like many matches, a high score is the result of maximizing points on each and every stage. It is commonplace to have a string of really good stages only to be torpedoed by one lackluster stage. Today we had two shooters put together four almost perfect stages. Ronny Brown sets the bar high with a new TSC record of 68x72. Ronny’s scores were 18+16+18+16=68. That is two perfect stages and only two dropped points the remaining stages. Incredible shooting Mr. Brown and congratulations. Only a couple relays earlier, Jim Roe fired a 66 (17+16+16+17) that was sure to be the high score for the day. Shooting a 50+ in this match is a very difficult task and shooting in the mid-high 60’s is most impressive. I would like to note that both Ronny and Jim were shooting single shot rifles, Ronny a Martini and Jim an Anschutz 1903 Jr. For those naysayers who have voiced the match was geared toward repeaters, you just got owned, twice. Great shooting the “little gun” Jimbo! Rounding out the day in 3rd place was Brian Franklin firing a personal best 58x72. Normally a 58 will win 9/10 matches, so to finish 3rd with a 58 was a tough day indeed. Great shooting Brian and with scores like that your win is undoubtedly in the near future.

Fantastic match today. The match ran smoothly and quickly with no delays, infractions, or safety concerns. Thank you shooters for making this MD’s job easier. Special thanks to all that assist in set up and tear down. Thanks to those who stepped in and helped as line officers throughout the day. Your help is greatly appreciated.

PLEASE NOTE: The August 9th match will be CANCELLED due to scheduling conflicts with several of our shooters and line officers. The match will be rescheduled for November 8th.

Thanks,
Steve Roe

July 12th Match Results:

1. R. Brown Martini 68** 1st
2. J. Roe Anschutz 66 2nd
3. B. Franklin Anschutz 58 3rd
4. Jy. Roe Anschutz 51 1st Jr.
5. C. England Anschutz 47
6. B. Johnson Anschutz 46
7. T. Josey CZ 41*
8. G. Houser Ruger 41
9. D. Bailey CZ 41
10. E. Rosamond Rem M37 35
11. J. Sigmon Ruger 34*
12. J. Abbott Ruger 34
13. G. Northam Anschutz 33
14. S. Cox Anschutz 29
15. K. Smith CZ 28
16. D. Roe Anschutz 27
17. J. Garcia Savage 25
18. Js. Sigmon Ruger 22
19. L. Franklin Savage 20 Jr. 1st Lady
20. H. Spargo Savage 16
21. B. Howell Anschutz 15

(** New course record)

Team Event: Jy. Roe & R. Brown 119

Please note the 22 TSC Match for August 9th has been cancelled as many of our shooters, PO's and MD will be away at the DMM shoot this weekend. We will shoot as scheduled in September and this match will be made up in November.
Thanks,
SR

Please note the 22 TSC Match for August 9th has been cancelled as many of our shooters, PO's and MD will be away at the DMM shoot this weekend. We will shoot as scheduled in September and this match will be made up in November.
Thanks,
SR

Just want to make sure you guys are going to have the match tomorrow. Might get a little wet.

Yes! We set up the range this evening and will be shooting tomorrow, Saturday 13th.

Thanks,
SR

CVRPC .22 TSC Match Recap, September 13, 2014

The September, 2014 TSC match was held under partly cloudy skies, temps in the low 80’s and little to no wind. We had a very challenging course of fire set up this month with two new positions.

This month, Stage 1 was the fired from the unsupported standing position with tougher diminished sized targets. Stage 2 was shot from the “Stairwell” but with three shapes cut into the wall at varying heights with the requirement of at least one shot fired from each position. Stages 3 was the new “hillside” with the shooter tilted (left to right axis) on a moderate angle. Stage 4 was the familiar “Spool” - this month with bipod and packs allowed.

Jim Roe fired a very impressive 58 to continue his great shooting in 2014. Shooting a 50+ in this match from the positions described above is a very difficult task. Junior shooter Jay Roe followed up in 2nd place with a very respectable score of 50 shooting the same Anschutz 1903 Jr. as Pop. Rounding out the day in 3rd place was Ronny Brown after a great shoot-off with Bryan Johnson, both tied at 45.

The match ran smoothly and quickly with no delays, infractions, or safety concerns. Thank you shooters for making this MD’s job easier. Special thanks to all that assist in set up and tear down each month. Thanks to those who stepped in and helped throughout the day; your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve Roe

September 13th Match Results:

1. J. Roe Anschutz 58 1st
2. Jy. Roe Anschutz 50 2nd 1st Jr
3. R. Brown Martini 45+6 3rd
4. B. Johnson Anschutz 45+4
5. J. Lassiter Anschutz 41
6. C. England Anschutz 40
7. T. Josey CZ 36*
8. B. Franklin Anschutz 36
9. E. Rosamond CZ 32
10. B. Coates CZ 28
11. D. Roe Anschutz 23
12. H. Spargo Savage 21
13. K. Meares Anschutz 16*
14. J. Garcia Savage 16
15. S. Lassiter Ruger 15* Jr. 1st Lady
16. J. Sigmon Ruger 15
17. Js. Sigmon Ruger 14

Team Event: J. Roe & J. Roe 108

CVRPC .22 TSC Match Recap, October 11, 2014

The October, 2014 TSC match was held under partly cloudy skies, temps in the low 80’s and light winds. This month, Stage 1 was shot from the “Stairwell” but with three shapes cut into the wall at varying heights with the requirement of at least one shot fired from each position. Stage 2 was shot from the “Hillside” tilted to the shooters right. Stages 3 was fired from the “overwatch” position with NO packs or rear support. Stage 4 was the familiar “Spool” but shots were fired from the top ridge - not the mid barrel portion – of the prop with no pack or bag for support.

The match ran smoothly and quickly with no delays, infractions, or safety concerns. Thank you shooters for making this MD’s jo b easier. Special thanks to all that assist in set up and tear down each month. Thanks to those who stepped in and helped throughout the day; your help is greatly appreciated.

Results are posted below. Our last match of the 2014 season will be held on November 8th. We have a very close race for “Shooter of the Year” and it will be decided at the November shoot.

Thanks,
Steve Roe

Octber 11th Match Results:

1. R. Brown Martini 49 1st
2. B. Franklin Anschutz 48 2nd
3. J. Roe Anschutz 46 3rd
4. J. Lassiter Anschutz 45*
5. C. England Anschutz 45
6. J. Roe Anschutz 39 1st Jr.
7. B. Johnson Anschutz 35
8. G. Houser Savage 26
9. J. Sigmon Ruger 24