• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.22 Tall Target Scope Testing?

Saluki68

Private?
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2013
Eastern South Dakota
Searched the general forum as well as rimfire forum specifically...couldn't find anything. Has anyone done any scope tracking tests, specifically the Tall Target Test with a .22? Looking for practical (extended) distance recommendations or a general protocol to follow. I'm using a CZ 455 Varmint, with some fairly consistent Eley target ammo...so I'm assuming (perhaps incorrectly) that as long as there is no significant wind, I could conduct this test on a couple of scopes without too much issue. The CZ has shot nice groups at 100 yards, but I'm guessing that would be stretching it for a precision test?

Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.

Thanks for the feedback. I've got around 13 mil to play with, so I'll stick with 10. I'm going to scale 50 yards, and see what results I get. I use Larue QD rings on 2/3 of my scopes, and have had no issue with re-zero. Ideally, if this works, I test the tracking mechanism of all my turrets using the same .22 rifle.

That seems simple enough...the 48" tall foam board I ran all over town for, no longer seems necessary. I'm sure I'll put it to good use....ha ha ha

Thanks again!