• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22 TCM

richidaho

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2014
Blackfoot, ID
Hi All,

Anyone reload 22 TCM. Was looking into doing so myself but was unsure if there are any benefits to do so. Cost of hornady 3 die set is over $90 and unsure on bullets on this caliber. Any ides or info would be helpful.

Thanks
Rich L

Do a cost analysis and see if makes sense. The bitch part is finding the brass after you shoot it.

Do a cost analysis and see if makes sense. The bitch part is finding the brass after you shoot it.
Lee also makes 22 TCM dies, that is what I use.They are cheaper. For general pistol use, the factory loads are pretty cheap, and this is a finiky round to reload, so bulk factory loads might be best. However, I have the rifle and reloading really wakes it up. I'm using 35gr VMax bullets at 2900 fps. After my rifle got a trigger job and free floating the barrel, it will often put three shots into the same hole at 50 yards. It's great on small game.

Also, I just got in some 34gr hollowpoints that have very good accuracy reviews. Loaded a few this morning after work. They have a bit longer nose than the VMax which might take care of the occasional squashed case. Can't wait to see what they will do accuracy wise.