• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

minn_wild1

Pirate
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
Is there a suppressor that will work well on a 223 rifle and not be too unwieldy for a 22 lr pistol/rifle? Trying to get 1 can to cover all 22 calibers. I'm thinking it would get used mostly for NRL 22 style shooting.

Being that a 223 can is typically a 30 cal can with a smaller hole in it- I'd say that compared to a dedicated 22lr suppressor- all 223 centerfire rated cans will be unwieldy on a 22lr.

Also rimfire cans would tend to have a lot of baffles spaced closer together whereas a centerfire would have fewer baffles and they would be spaced farther apart.

And, 22lr ammunition is DIRTY and will require you to clean your can periodically. A user serviceable can is pretty much a must for a rimfire can.

Reactions: HansohnBrothers
Check out the Griffin Armament Optimus Micro. I got one a while ago and think it does just about exactly what you're looking for. I did a short write up with pics if you do a search, it should come up.

Reactions: minn_wild1
Check out the Griffin Armament Optimus Micro. I got one a while ago and think it does just about exactly what you're looking for. I did a short write up with pics if you do a search, it should come up.
Perfect. Thank you.

Not to sound like a shill or fan boi, but the thing is way quieter on a 223 or 22BR than I thought it was going to be. I really can't tell the difference to my naked ears between it and my Omega when shooting a bolt gun. It's definitely a little heavier than my other rimfire cans, but I'd hate to think what they would look like after a day of 22BR in the prairie dog patch.

Reactions: minn_wild1