• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories .223 Ballistic Advantage Barrel

raptor99

Minuteman
Oct 18, 2005
Pierre SD
I have a 18" Ballistic Advantage Barrel for sale. It is a 1-7 and I believe it is the SPR profile. Has the rifle length gas system for a .750 gas block. I am going a different route. The barrel is like new and only has around 200rds though it. Mostly load testing. I would take $100 shipped if anyone is interested...... Thanks Guys!!!

Not stainless nor fluted. I believe it is "Melonited" . Send me your email I will try to get you a picture tonight if your interested. You can check the web sight for Ballistic Advantage to see what it looks like also. Let me know. Thanks!!!!

What kind of accuracy were you getting with the load testing?
Handloads or factory ammo?
223 wyle chamber I'm assuming?
Thanks

Yes it is a Wyle chamber. I was wanting a rifle to shoot out to 600yrs with the 77s and it needed to be under MOA at that distance. It was a good shooting barrel just not consistent enough for what I needed. With 8208 and 77s I was getting 8 out of 10 in a 3" paster at 300yds and 3 or 4 out of 5 on a 6" plate at 600yds. Sometimes it would keep them all in the paster or plate but not every time. I also had good results with Varget and H4895. Actually it was hard to pick one over the other. It shot the 50s and 55s well but I needed it to shoot the 77s. I figured I would have to go with a $4 or 5 hundred dollar barrel to get what I wanted but it was worth a try. I would say under normal circumstances it is a good MOA or under barrel for most loads on average.